Cognate BioServices, founded in 2002, is a contract manufacturing organization dedicated to serving customers engaged in but not limited to the development and commercialization of novel cellular and gene therapy applications.
Cognate is currently seeking an Accounting Manager.
Reporting to the CFO, the Accounting Manager is responsible for the maintenance of all financial systems and fiscal records, including the monthly close and annual audit. The Accounting Manager is also responsible for developing and assuring implementation of accounting policies and procedures to ensure financial transactions are executed and documented in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles and funder requirements.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
- Obtain and maintain a thorough understanding of the financial reporting and general ledger structure
- Ensure an accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year end close
- Maintaining schedules for asset acquisition, disposal and capitalization
- Reconciling various balance sheet accounts including salaries payable, fixed assets and others
- Ensure the timely reporting of all monthly financial information
- Supports budget and forecasting activities
- Monitors and analyzes department work to develop more efficient procedures and use of resources while maintaining a high level of accuracy
- Responds to inquiries from company-wide directors and executives regarding financial results, special reporting requests and the like
- Work with the CFO to ensure a clean and timely year-end audit
- Ensure all financial reporting deadlines are met
- Support executives with special projects and workflow process improvements
Strong understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
Ability to work independently, with strong organizational skills and the ability to maintain detailed records
Proficient in Quickbooks, Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint
Ability to communicate effectively both written and verbally, work effectively under stressful conditions, exercise initiative and sound judgment and react with discretion under varying conditions
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting with a minimum of 3 years of experience in the area of financial statement preparation, budgeting, purchasing, accounts payable, and accounts receivable, or the equivalent.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Email resume to: email@example.com
Reference the job title in the subject of the email
Closing Date 07-31-2017
Cognate BioServices, Inc., in conformity with applicable laws, is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, religion, national origin, or disability.