Cognate BioServices, founded in 2002, is a contract manufacturing organization dedicated to serving customers engaged in but not limited to the development and commercialization of novel cellular and gene therapy applications.
Job Title: Quality Control Analyst I, Microbiology
Cognate is currently seeking a Quality Control Analyst I for our QC Microbiology Department. The successful candidate will be responsible for performing routine environmental monitoring, product testing, and raw material testing.
The position requires the utmost attention to detail, very strong organizational skills, computer proficiency, and a basic understanding of microbiology and laboratory instrumentation. In addition, effective communication skills and the ability to function in a fast-paced, highly technical environment with minimal supervision are essential for success.
Primary responsibility entails environmental monitoring of GMP cleanrooms, including air viable particulate, non-viable particulate, surface sampling and personnel monitoring
• Performs growth promotion of raw materials
• Performs Gram stain and classic microbiology techniques
• Performs bioburden and endotoxin testing of raw materials, in-process samples and finished products and responsible for shipping samples to sub-contractors for additional sterility tests
• Prepares environmental excursion reports and conducts laboratory investigations
• Receives raw materials and supplies for the QC laboratory. Maintains laboratory supplies, media and reagents inventory
• Adheres to standard operating procedures and good documentation practices to ensure data integrity and traceability
• Responsible for routine laboratory upkeep and organization
• Bachelor’s degree with 0-2 years relevant laboratory experience or experience in a cGMP/FDA regulated industry. Degree in Microbiology or previous industry experience preferred.
• Ability to work independently or as a team member.
• Demonstrated knowledge in Microbiology and aseptic techniques preferred.
• Detail-oriented with strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to problem-solve and troubleshoot as necessary.
• Must be to stand for long periods of time and lift up to 25 pounds.
• Must be able to fully gown-up for aseptic environment work.
• Must be able to work evening (2nd) shift and on weekends.
• Laser particle counters
• Viable air samplers
• Endosafe® Instrumentation
Email resume to: email@example.com
Reference the job title in the subject of the email
Closing Date 07-31-2017
Cognate BioServices, Inc., in conformity with applicable laws, is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, religion, national origin, or disability.