NOTICE TO APPLICANTS: Felony records will be reviewed and drug testing shall be required prior to employment. A physical examination limited to job-related necessity may also be required. Testing for some positions, oral and/or written, may be administered based on job- related functions
POSITION: MECHANIC “C”
No. of Positions (2)
DEPARTMENT: Asset Management
SALARY: $15.17 P/H
POSTING BEGINS: 7/14/17
POSTING EXPIRES: 7/27/17
Minimum Qualifications: High School Diploma or GED. Must demonstrate knowledge of all phases of building maintenance and repair with 2 years minimum experience. The demonstration of knowledge will be as determined by MHA and shall include a practical examination. A successful applicant must achieve an overall score of 75. Must be able to read, write, and work independently in areas of maintenance listed under Typical Duties and Responsibilities; Will also be required to assist more skilled personnel in other areas of maintenance. Must provide all standard hand tools required by the Agency. Must be physically able to lift up to 50 lbs.
SOME TYPICAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Repair and maintain plumbing fixtures, such as commodes, faucets, traps, sanitary and storm drains, water mains, hot water heaters and gas piping networks
- Repair and re-hang doors and screens. Repair ceilings, walls, floors and assist in other carpentry tasks
- Perform routine plaster patching, painting, caulking of windows, door frames, etc., replace ceramic tiles and windows
- Remove and replace refrigerators; check refrigerators for proper operation and leveling, etc., and make routine repairs to switches, controls, etc.
- Install and repair minor lighting systems, fuses, switch plates, etc. Assist in repairing other electrical switches, appliances, fixtures, etc
- Operate power, hand and bench tools and other required machinery necessary for efficient performance of assigned duties and maintaining safety precautions at all times
- Perform other routine maintenance related duties as assigned
Applications may be filed at Memphis Housing Authority, 700 Adams Ave., Memphis, TN 38105. All applications must reach the Authority before the close of business on 7/27/17.
MEMPHIS HOUSING AUTHORITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
Appointments will be based on qualifications related to position requirements without regard to race, age, religion, color, sex, national origin, or disability.