When writing your resume to apply for a new job, using action verbs to start each bullet point of your accomplishments under each job will show to the prospective employer that you made strides in your past jobs. Also, using numbers in your resume will show to the prospective employer how well you did your job.
When looking at the job description for the job to which you are applying, use the same keywords from the duties in the job description as you do in your resume, but in the form of action verbs. For example, if the job description asks for coordination skills, you may write something along the lines of, “Coordinated 5 team members to successfully meet project goals of serving 250 customers.”
It is helpful to add numbers to any accomplishments you had in past jobs. This is especially important in sales jobs, where dollar figures play a strong role. If the job to which you’re applying is in sales and one its duties in the job description is to, ‘Manage an account of $1,000,000’, then you’ll want to write in your resume that you ‘Managed an account of $2,000,000″ if you indeed did manage such a large account. That dollar amount shows that you exceed the needs of the potential employer.
Overall, writing your accomplishments with action verbs and using numbers in those accomplishments to emphasize to what degree you were successful in your past positions is likely to make you a candidate who receives a call for an interview.
Bartlett church has need for an interim worship leader or song leader. Reading music is a must. Ability to play piano or organ would be a plus.
- Key responsibility will be song selection and leading the singing for 10:30 worship service.
- Please send resume to email@example.com
Private-duty caregiver/personal assistant for adult male.
- Part-time, 15-20 hours per week.
- Applicant needs own transportation with valid driver’s license and vehicle insurance.
- Basic First Aid/CPR certification required.
- Call (901) 348-4507
- General Laborers/Lawncare/Groundskeeper, DAHCOR INDUSTRIES, 3767 New Getwell Rd., Memphis (Need valid TN driver’s license; Call 795-4405)
- Gate Clerk (Call Shamila at 1-678-771-2624)
- Equipment Installer, Auto-Chlor, 746 Poplar Avenue (Apply in person)
- Satellite Installer, STUco (Need truck/van/SUV; Call 1-314-203-2843)
- Swimming Pool Contractors (Need tools and transportation; Call Barry at 335-8216)
- Carpet Cleaning Tech (Need experience; Call Broderick at 323-2521)
- Window Installers, WinChoice USA (Call 1-501-229-7120)
- Diesel Mechanic, Davenport Towing and Recovery, 190 Eastman Rd., Memphis (Apply in person or call 1-615-490-4403)
- Installers/Warehouse (Call Ken at 848-6900)
- Material Handler, Spec Building Materials, 3875 Air Park Street, Memphis (Apply in person or call 795-4172)
- Cleaners, Molly Maid, 211 Neely Street, Collierville (Apply in person)
- Service Manager (Apply in person 2110 Madison Avenue)
- Dishwasher, Grimaldi’s, 7605 W. Farmington Blvd., Germantown (Apply in person)
- Chef/Cook/Dishwashers, Farm Burger (Apply online at http://www.farmburger.net)
- Sales, Sunrise Chevy Buick GMC, 4605 South Houston Levee Road, Collierville (Apply in person)
- Sales, Lickety Split Couriers, 2435 Whitten Rd. (Apply in person)
- Sales (Call Jamie at 335-6747)