Job Title: Wellness Education Coordinator
Work Area: Clinic
Location: Memphis, Tennessee
Start Date: Open
ABOUT CHURCH HEALTH
Church Health has served people since 1987 with our clinical services, wellness facility, and outreach programs. Church Health seeks to reclaim the Church’s biblical commitment to care for our bodies and our spirits.
ABOUT THE POSITION
- Plan, design, teach and evaluate the Wellness Education programs delivered to our patients and community partners. Primary focus areas include health coaching, education and programming development to support healthy lifestyle change.
- Work one-on-one with patients, lead group coaching, teach and facilitate a variety of wellness programs on nutrition, disease management, and health.
- Responsible for managing a patient case load, data entry, program evaluation, updating curriculum and class lessons based on the needs of the patient/program population.
- Assist and collaborate with Church Health clinic on program implementation, evaluation, monitoring, data entry methods and procedures. Assess and monitor the needs of patients and program participants continually through initial and follow-up consultations in group and individual communication techniques.
- Develop and implement procedures to ensure program compliance with federal regulations and state policies.
- Develop, review, and update wellness education materials for Church Health clinic patients and public dissemination that are literacy level appropriate and culturally sensitive.
- Provide consultation and technical assistance to Church Health clinic and local agencies in nutrition, health and disease prevention education and related areas.
- Collaborate with local and regional leaders, peers, ministries, and community partners. Be actively involved in committees, task forces, and activities within Church Health.
Bachelor’s degree in a health field, preferably one of the following: nutrition, health promotion, or health education.
Minimum two years of experience planning, implementing, and evaluating a program plan; interpreting and applying scientific findings in nutrition; developing educational materials; health coaching and motivational interviewing using Stages of Change Model.
SPECIAL ABILITIES, SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED:
- Knowledge of nutrition, anatomy, health and wellness and its relationship to health and disease.
- Good knowledge of training methods and public health practices.
- Knowledge of community nutrition program planning, implementation and assessment; community health and nutrition resources; basic statistical procedures and computer data analysis.
- Program development skills to design individual and community based activities for various target audiences.
Bilingual English/Spanish is required for this position.
COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY
At Church Health, we are committed to diversity, striving to create a staff that reflects the diverse communities with which we work. We seek individuals of all backgrounds to join our team.
This is a full-time position with benefits and a paid-time-off package. Benefits include healthcare, vision, dental, and 401k savings plan.
HOW TO APPLY
Send resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org; please add job title in the title line.
Please visit http://www.churchhealth.org for more information about Church Health’s mission.