Company: Soulsville Foundation
Position: Facilities Manager
The Facilities Manager is responsible for maintaining the functional operations and appearance of the Soulsville Campus and grounds (including all fixed structures), managing contracts with campus security and campus janitorial services, limited transportation of certain objects, aiding with Museum exhibition installations, and helping with special events.
MAJOR KEY RESULT AREAS
- Campus Operations
- Janitorial Service
- Exhibit Installations
- Vendor Procurement and Management
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversee interior and exterior maintenance of Soulsville Campus including exterior grounds appearance and lighting.
- Manage office and facilities operations; interact with janitorial and security vendors and staff to ensure conformance to standards.
- Handle day-to-day operational issues such as replacing light bulbs and other light maintenance.
- Understand and oversee the care, condition and performance of facilities plumbing, electrical installations, security, heating, ventilation, and air-conditioning systems.
- Direct and/or perform repairs on facilities equipment.
- Arrange for and supervise the care and maintenance of parking lots, outdoor walkways, exterior lighting systems, lawns, plantings, and other maintenance requirement for the Campus grounds.
- Maintain a list of service and supply vendors and maintain the primary relationship with the vendors.
- Regulate access control to Soulsville Campus.
- Control ingress and egress of students, employees, vendors and entry doors not open to the public.
- Manage daily operation of physical security controls; assist in development of security plans for the properties.
- Monitor and act on information from fire alarm, intrusion alarm, closed circuit television and the emergency telephone.
- Supervise security guards contracted for special events.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Technical School or Community College certificate (2years) in Building Services/Maintenance, HVAC, Electrical, etc. preferred;
- in lieu of degree, 8 years experience in facilities management, engineering, construction, etc.; or a combination of education and experience that totals 8 years.
- Experience with OSHA worker safety, local building codes and/or fire safety is also preferred.
- Facilities Management (FM), Certified Facilities Manager (CFE) or Certified Plant Engineer (CPE), etc. certification preferred.
This position requires excellent PC skills; experience with Windows, Word, and Excel; aptitude and willingness to learn new software programs through hands-on use and self-study.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
1. Strong management and organizational skills.
2. Ability to work flexible hours, including some weekends and holidays.
3. Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills, including excellent customer service in person and on the phone.
4. Ability to handle and prioritize multiple complex tasks within a deadline and with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
5. Excellent attention to detail and strong follow-through skills for completing projects and accomplishing goals.
6. A strong sense of protocol, tact, and diplomacy and ability to work well with a variety of people and personalities and a willingness to take and utilize constructive feedback.
7. An understanding of non-profit organizations and events.
8. Enthusiastic self motivation, the ability to motivate others, and little need for direct
9. Ability to maintain expenses within an established budget.
10. A commitment to personal professional growth.
Physical requirements include ability to sit for extended periods at a desk, at meetings, and in automobiles; standing, climbing stairs, walking, mental pressure, lifting boxes, large pieces of glass, tables, chairs, speakers, etc., weighing up to approximately 35 pounds. Ability to work flexible hours, including some weekends and holidays.
Fast paced office environment and some work outdoors and travel to vendor and client
Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling and as-needed basis.