Job Title: Behavioral Youth Counselor
Our Boys Center for Residential Treatment provides treatment, education and healthcare for boys ages 9-17 with severe behavioral and emotional problems. Our residential campuses provide the setting for an intensive treatment program that combines the unique balance of structure and freedom. This enables children and their families to identify, understand, and cope with their individual needs and develop the skills necessary to succeed in less restrictive settings.
- Teach children necessary life skills and provide for their physical daily care
- Assists in treatment planning for each child
- Conducts daily documentation such as contact notes, milieu notes, and precautionary notes
- Participates in client transports to various locations
- Participates in recreation therapy with children
- Improves children’s behavior through coping skills and other therapeutic interventions
- Conducts group and 1 on 1 counseling sessions
The supervision and treatment of youth requires prolonged periods of walking and standing and physical agility. May be required to run and climb flights of stairs. Must be able to participate in physical interventions with youth when necessary. Must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 pounds. Will be required to complete Crisis Prevention Institute (CPI) and CPR training.
Applicants are required to pass an agility and strength evaluation.
Applicants must have valid driver’s license.
- The TC (Teacher Counselor) schedule runs either Sun-Wed or Wed-Sat
- Three weekdays: (M-W or W-F) 2:00pm-10:30pm
- One weekend day: 6:30am-10:30pm
- This schedule also provides counselors with a three-day weekend. (Please note: Counselors do not live on the campuses and are responsible for securing their own residencies.)
- Bachelor’s degree is required
- Experience working with at-risk youth a major plus
- Excellent written, verbal, and oral skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously
- Basic computer knowledge
- Ability to maintain a flexible schedule
Experience growth and development through our continuous training, as well as tuition and licensure reimbursement, or pursue opportunities to advance both clinically and administratively with Youth Villages.
Medical, Dental, Prescription Drug Coverage and Vision
Retirement Savings Pension Plan
2 weeks paid vacation
12 paid sick days per year
10 paid holidays
Mileage & Cell Phone Reimbursement (when applicable)
Please apply online by going to: https://youthvillages.hodesiq.com/job_detail.asp?JobID=5494250&user_id=