Position: ReStore Associate I
Full Time, Memphis, TN
Starting Hourly Wage: $12 per hour
The Restore Associate is responsible for the flow of donations from the point of donation to the final sale. This includes scheduling donations for pickup, driving to pick up donations, organizing and processing donations in the donation center and warehouse, assisting customers as needed in the store, and housekeeping.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Ensure consistent and productive communication with Restore staff, affiliate staff, donors, customers, volunteers and others connected to the ReStore
- Ensure quality customer and donor relations by answering questions in a professional manner
- Contact donors and confirm pickups via telephone
- Drive or ride in the truck to pick up donated goods
- Load and secure donations on truck and unload in warehouse
- Check truck for supplies and maintenance needed
- Keep Restore clean and orderly and notify management of maintenance and safety issues
- Other duties as deemed necessary in the day to day operations of the ReStore.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Saturday based on the needs of the business. Evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Previous retail or customer service experience
- Valid State Driver’s License
- Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Forklift certification (possess or have the ability to obtain)
How to Apply:
Applicants should send a resume and cover letter outlining how they meet the specific requirements of the position to email@example.com. Make sure to include the position title in the subject line of the email. No Phone calls please.
While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted. Please note the selected candidate will be required to meet employment verification requirements, pass pre-employment screenings, background checks, and sex offender registry checks.
About Habitat for Humanity of Greater Memphis:
Habitat for Humanity’s vision is a world where everyone has a decent place to live, and since 1983, Habitat for Humanity of Greater Memphis has been working to realize that vision in Shelby County. Memphis Habitat partners with people in our community to help them build or improve places they can call home through new home construction, rehabilitation work and Aging in Place home modifications for seniors. Our employees enjoy a relaxed work environment and a real opportunity to make a difference in our community.
Habitat for Humanity is pledged to the letter and spirit of the U.S. policy for the achievement of equal housing opportunity throughout the nation.
We encourage and support an affirmative advertising and marketing program in which there are no barriers to obtaining housing because of race, color, religion, sex, handicap, familial status, or national origin. Habitat for Humanity is an equal opportunity employer.