“SHELBY COUNTY GOVERNMENT
“Building Services Manager
“JOB CODE: A1355 DIVISION: Public Works PAY GRADE: 56
“DEPARTMENT: Support Services
“Responsible for planning, organizing, directing, and controlling the management of a competitive facility operations and maintenance program.
“Reports To: Administrator
“Duties and Responsibilities:
- “Oversees the management of work associated with building operations and maintenance.
- Reviews and evaluates reports and information to determine problem areas, and plan improvements in the allocation and utilization of personnel, materials, time, and equipment.
- Develops and implements a Preventive Maintenance Program for building systems and equipment.
- Makes on-site inspections of facilities
- Participates in developing standards for the life cycle, maintenance, and testing of equipment.
- Identifies needs of facilities for new equipment requirements.
- Ensures operations and work performed are consistent with all applicable codes and regulations.
- Oversees procurement and contracting of maintenance and repair services as needed.
- Directs the training of staff in areas pertaining to maintenance, operations, and safety.
- Makes recommendations for space planning in shared-use facilities.
- Prepares Requests for Proposals as needed for required contracts and services
- Advises management staff on Division, and Department, policies and procedures.
- Appraises performance of direct reports.
- Assists with the development of the department’s operating and maintenance budget.
- Performs special projects or activities as assigned by the Administrator.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or directed.
- “Five (5) years of experience in a responsible administrative/managerial capacity, and
- Graduation from an accredited college or university with a degree in public or business administration, engineering sciences, or other closely related field; OR
- An equivalent combination of related education and experience.
- PROOF OF EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND/OR EXPERIENCE IS REQUIRED.
“Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities of the following:
- “Technical aspects of facility operations, including current practices and materials used in the repair of facilities
- Facility operations and maintenance planning, development, and implementation.
- Laws, regulations, and standards associated with safety, labor, and building codes.
- Project construction and equipment installation blueprints and diagrams.
- Personnel policies and regulations pertaining to bargaining unit and non-bargaining unit employees.
“Special Requirements: Must possess and maintain a valid Tennessee Driver’s License.”
Source: The Commercial Appeal. (2017, September 10). Localfieds. The Commercial Appeal, 176(253), p. 4C.