“ABOUT THE POSITION: We are currently seeking an experienced Safety Manager to join our team in a construction related industry. This position requires a combination of working at the corporate office and daily travel to job site/ plant locations within Arkansas.
“PRIMARY FUNCTION: The Safety Manager is responsible for performing day-to-day safety activities in support of a comprehensive corporate safety and health program, ensuring the safety, health and environmental protection goals of the Company are met and to prevent accidents and eliminate or control exposures that could result in harm to our employees.
“Responsible for the personal and team implementation of SAFETY IS OUR NUMBER ONE JOB.
- Conduct OSHA/ MSHA Safety Training
- Perform Safety audits of plant sites
- Interface with insurance companies in regards to claims and injury management
- Review and comply with ongoing company safety goals
- Ensure strictest confidentiality at all times
- Prepare reports of safety data, prepare weekly safety talks, and other safety communications
- Conduct periodic assessments and training in the use, care and selection of PPE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Safety or related field or related equivalent experience
- Certified Safety Professional or equivalent
- Knowledge of applicable Federal and State regulations (i.e. OSHA/DOT)
- Strong leadership skills
- Clean driving record and ability to travel to plant sites
- Knowledge of safe work practices and procedures
- Safety and risk management experience within the construction or related industries
- Must be highly organized with excellent planning skills
- Advanced written and oral communication skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast paced, deadline driven environment
- Must be professional and articulate
- Must demonstrate a proven ability to work on a team
“COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
“Commensurate with experience. Interested candidates should send resumes to: Safety Manager, P.O. Box 1028, West Memphis, AR 72303”
Source: The Commercial Appeal. (2017, October 1). Localfieds. The Commercial Appeal, 176(274), p. 5C.