Position: Accounting, Payroll and Benefits Administrator
The Accounting, Payroll and Benefits Administrator is responsible for maintaining and integrating all information related to the accounting, payroll and benefits systems. Must have strong technical accounting experience plus excellent customer service skills to serve staff members who have limited knowledge of accounting, payroll and benefits. Will maintain strict confidentiality and secure transmissions of sensitive information. Full-time, regular, exempt.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Process and record daily accounting transactions, such as deposits and payments (checks and ACH)
- Carefully review invoices to identify incorrect charges and/or opportunities for savings
- Prepare grant billings and run accounting reports as requested
- Cross train on monthly close, budgeting & other accounting functions
- Assist during audits and other required compliance
- Setup and process new hires, separations, wage rate changes, deductions
- Run bi-weekly payroll, ensuring accuracy and timeliness
- Maintain records for the accumulation and use of vacations, holidays, paid time off
- Run payroll reports as requested
- Monitor compliance with Fair Labor Standards Act
- Serve as administrator for all benefits offered by BRIDGES
- Keep enrollments, terminations and changes to benefit plans up to date
- Help staff to understand how their benefits work
4. Assist with building management, front desk and other duties as needed MINIMUM
1. Position requires a degree in accounting or other finance related field from an accredited college or university as defined on the Department of Education website
2. Minimum of two (2) years accounting/payroll/benefits experience
3. Knowledge of GAAP and familiarity with non-profit accounting Revised 9/26/2017 2
4. Knowledge of payroll and benefit processes and regulations, including FLSA, ERISA, and payroll tax requirements
5. Ability to abide by ethical guidelines and policies, including strict adherence to confidentiality and HIPAA guidelines
6. Capable of learning to use multiple software applications effectively within a short period of time
7. Strong data entry skills (10-key). Proficient in Microsoft Excel at the advanced level.
8. Strong mathematical abilities, with excellent attention to detail
9. Strong analytical and problem solving abilities
10. Exemplary customer service focus, for both internal and external clients
11. Effective team player
12. Displays professionalism and represents organization in a professional manner
13. Excellent verbal and written communication, interpersonal and leadership skills for interacting with individuals from a variety of socioeconomic, ethnic and cultural backgrounds.
1. Requires ordinary ambulatory skills sufficient to visit departments at The Jim Boyd BRIDGES Center and any off-site training programs.
2. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, talk, hear and see. The employee is required to use hands and fingers to operate, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; and reach with hands and arms.
3. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
4. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds unassisted.
KNOWLEDGE AND STRENGTHS
1. Understands BRIDGES mission and program objectives.
2. Values diversity and seeks out opportunities to interact and learn in diverse settings.
3. Responsible for building and maintaining positive working relationships with internal and external stakeholders, representatives of other organizations and the general public; work across all backgrounds and boundaries such as racial, educational, age, religious, etc., appreciating the richness that each brings.
4. Duties require broad conceptual judgment, initiative and ability to deal with complex accounting and administrative issues.
5. Has the demonstrated ability to: draw logical conclusions and make appropriate recommendations, judgments and decisions; gather, record and evaluate information; maintain accurate and systematic records; prepare statistical and narrative reports; use automated technology to maintain records and files.
6. Must be able to work on multiple projects at one time; be detail oriented and organized with the ability to work independently with minimal supervision and instructions while maintaining high quality accountability measurements and documentation.
To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Accounting, Payroll and Benefits Administrator” in the subject line. No calls, please.