“Kirby Pines Retirement Community, Memphis, TN
“The Executive Chef is responsible for the overall coordination of food preparation, cooking and baking activities, dietary standards, the quality and nutritional value of foods prepared and maintaining a positive, courteous work environment for staff and residents.
- Supervises sous chefs and other kitchen personnel on all shifts, staffing, scheduling, counseling, and orientation
- Develops menus and assures implementation of these menus
- Ensures all policies and procedures are followed in accordance with safe work practices
- Develops work assignments for all kitchen personnel
- Supervises production, sanitation and food service to apartment residents and Health Center residents
- Responsible for cost control measures
- Participate/cook on the line as needed
- A minimum of five years experience as an executive chef or sous chef in a hotel, restaurant, club or other similar institution
- Post Secondary courses in Restaurant Management, Nutrition or related field. Degree or Certificate from a culinary institute preferred
- Ability to use standard industrial kitchen appliances required
“Applications & resumes accepted in Human Resources Department Mon-Fri, 8:00A-4:30P, or send resume to: Kirby Pines Road, Memphis, TN 38115. Fax: (901) 365-9796. Email: email@example.com
“EOE M/F/H/V. Drug Free Workplace”
Source: The Commercial Appeal. (2017, October 1). Localfieds. The Commercial Appeal, 176(274), p. 5C.