Company: Harwood Center
Position: Executive Assistant Intern
Founded in 1957, Harwood Center is a private nonprofit agency that provides education, therapy and support for Mid-South children who have developmental disabilities. Since opening its doors, Harwood Center has helped more than 5,000 children with developmental disabilities get a better start in life.
Our program consists of specialized education and therapeutic services for children aged 18 months to 5 years. We are seeking an unpaid Executive Assistant Intern.
• Support the Executive Director (ED) and Development Director (DD) on day- to-day tasks.
• Maintain confidential relationships: Enter and edit data in Donor Perfect.
• Create and edit new content to support the ED and DD.
• Research and reach out to new prospective partners.
• Conduct special projects as needed on an on-going basis.
• Perform other duties related to operations and administration.
• Genuine passion for Harwood’s mission.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
• Graphic design skills.
• Computer skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• Meticulous attention to detail.
• Gain entry, exposure, and experience in the nonprofit sector.
• Help to generate philanthropic support for a charitable organization.
• Develop a wide variety of professional skills.
• Collaborate within a positive team atmosphere.
• Network with other for-profit and non-profit professionals.
Able to commit to 3 months of 30 hours per week or 6 months of 15 hours per week. Available to work in our office 4-5 days a week (Monday through Friday.)
Email your resume, cover letter, a writing sample that consists of a Wikipedia-style description of Harwood Center (two pages max), to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org with “Executive Assistant Intern” in the subject line. No phone calls please.