Job title: Food Service Assistant/Driver
Reports To: Nutrition & Meals Pack-Out Supervisor
Compensation level: Service B Part-time: 20 hrs. wk. Non-Exempt
Opening date: October 6, 2017
Closing date: October 20, 2017
Facilitate the packing and routing of Home delivered meals, assure correct portioning and distribution of meals to the proper containers, participate in the set up and break down of pack-out line. Deliver meals as need.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Valid Driver’s License with F Endorsement
- Six months’ experience working in a food service or industrial related environment
- Ability to welcome and respect people of diverse ages, races, with sensitivity to civic and cultural issues
- Ability to stand for extended periods and portion food into food containers
- Ability to complete duties on schedule with little or no supervision
Major Responsibilities and Related Tasks
- Provide adequate meal portions to program participants according to ACMS guidelines.
- Portion food into HDM containers according to the menu and approved serving size
- Responsible for correct serving utensils
- Ensure that food presentation guidelines are followed
- Must frequently lift and/or pull 15 to 50 pounds
- Brief exposure to hot and cold environments while performing duties such as pulling hot pans out of the oven, or pulling carts of frozen meals out of the freezer.
- Participate in the daily cleanup of facility to maintain proper sanitary condition.
- Clean and sanitize steam table
- Arrange and store trays according to storage guidelines to prevent contamination
- Maintain a clean working area at all times
- Deliver Meals on Time & Efficiently
- Load supplies and food containers into van in a timely manner
- Maintain time schedule within routes so meals arrive in a timely fashion and at required temperature stated by funding source
- Run route within rated time (five-hour route within five hours, six hour route within six hours)
- Return empty containers and used utensils to the kitchen daily when returning from route. Put equipment in proper area.
- Maintain accurate fuel and mileage records by completing the fuel mpg form every time you fuel the van and the odometer reading form
- Correctly complete and turn in daily route sheets noting meal count delivered, time delivered, explanation for non-meal delivery and your signature on last page.
- Communicate effectively with supervisor on route changes needed, problems, etc.
- Drive/deliver at congregate or HDM sites. Cross-train on various routes
- Promote and conduct an attitude conducive to teamwork
- Display effective customer service ability among co-workers, clients, and other drivers on the roadway
- Promotes and displays professional conduct and attitude that is conducive to team work, and the meeting of organizational and departmental goals
- Assist in meal delivery process
- Other duties assigned to meet goals of the department
Nutrition & Meals Pack-Out Supervisor ;Part-time (20 hours per week)/ Non-Exempt Starting Rate $10.30 per hour
Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand, walk (or means to transport oneself); sit; use hand to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch; talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move 15 to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision.
Work environment: The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to high. Position may also require ongoing or periodic exposure to high crime environments. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to moderate to high levels of stress during peak periods, and atypical work hours are periodically required.
MIFA full-time benefits: MIFA employees may be eligible to participate in the following benefits programs on or before the 90-day trial period: Medical and dental insurance plans, short-term disability, long-term disability, employee assistance program, paid time-off (PTO), employer sponsored life insurance, paid holidays, and MIFA’s matching 401k plan after a year of service.
MIFA employment guidelines
MIFA is an equal opportunity employer.
MIFA is a non-smoking facility.
Employment documents: (1) Application and/or resume; (2) I-9; (3) Form W-4; (4) Official transcripts verifying education if education is a requirement of the job.
Employment authorization and identification: Current federal law requires that documents be presented which verify both employment authorization and identification. One or more of the following documents must be presented before employment: Social Security card, state driver’s license/identification, U.S. birth certificate, U.S. passport, other U.S. government document.
Please note that it is the practice of MIFA not to allow the employment of relatives or of those living at the same address other than in the job classifications of special, temporary, or substitute.
Mail or forward resume or application to MIFA Human Resources, 910 Vance Ave, Memphis, TN 38126 or email to email@example.com. prior to the closing date. No phone calls, please.