Company: Temple Israel
Position: Community Engagement Director
Temple Israel Memphis seeks a Community Engagement Director who will serve as a gateway to the Temple community for current and future Jewish Memphians. This role will serve as the face of Temple Israel in Midtown and Downtown through its new Crosstown Concourse space. Ideal candidates are self-starters with 2-3 years of work experience in fields that require outreach and unique programming, from non-profit work to communications and marketing. Ideal candidates are excited about the art of community and program creation and implementation.
Temple Israel’s Community Engagement Director will launch Temple Israel Crosstown as a dynamic second campus focusing upon engaging Temple’s diverse demographics by:
- Building community between Temple’s East and Midtown members and potential members.
- Building understanding for how Temple Israel’s members can use Crosstown as a tool for continuing Temple’s sustainability work in protecting its future.
- Managing the Temple Israel Crosstown space and its usage.
- Welcoming and connecting new Jewish Memphians to people, programs, and opportunities within or in partnership with Temple Israel.
- Serving as a proactive, reliable ambassador for Temple Israel and the larger, young professional community.
- Developing and implementing a strategy that successfully recruits and retains 20-something young professionals in the Memphis Jewish community – in partnership with Development and Membership Director – with an end goal of lifelong Temple Israel engagement and membership.
- Leading and maintaining ConnecTI’s dynamic programming and communications efforts (i.e. social media, web and email marketing) in partnership with the ConnecTI board and Communications Director.
- Creating a system for documenting engagement that can be used as tool for assessing growth and future growth opportunities.
- Utilizing an internal communications process (in partnership with the Communications Director) that will provide Temple Israel staff, clergy, and Board of Trustees on engagement developments.
- Building philanthropy and investment in Temple Israel in partnership with Development and Membership Director.
- Overseeing and submitting applicable grant allocations and applications for funding in partnership with Development and Membership Director.
To apply: Please send a cover letter and resume to: email@example.com