NOW HIRING – Full-time Business Development Manager
Position: UrbanArt Commission – Business Development Manager (40 hours per week)
The Business Development Manager plays a critical role in supporting a high-functioning office environment, identifying strategic partnerships and fundraising opportunities, and managing or streamlining internal reporting structures and processes. This role will work closely with the Executive Director, Project Management team, and UAC Board of Directors to ensure alignment and coordination of UAC’s strategic programming and fundraising goals.
Reports to: Executive Director
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Maximize organizational functionality around management of programs, partnerships and donor relationships
· Assist in researching and identifying potential new partnerships, grant opportunities and funding sources that align with UAC’s goals and support the expansion of its programming
· Manage and ensure the integrity of UAC’s donor database, eTapestry, and process donor acknowledgements
· Assist in the coordination of qualitative information, photos, and metrics from UAC staff for grant reporting and fundraising opportunities
· Support Executive Director in the coordination of logistics and communications with the board and board committees
· Produce reports for quarterly board meetings, including financial reconciliations in coordination with UAC accountant and Executive Director, and development reports
· Assist in identification of opportunities for the Executive Director to represent UAC
· Assist with the creation and adherence to project processes in collaboration with UAC Project Managers
· Represent Executive Director at events, as required
· Manage office resources, supplies, and vendor relationships
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Overall qualifications required include proven ability to work with a diverse range of publics and staff, including artists.
· Able to multi-task several projects simultaneously; detailed, proactive, highly motivated and organized
· Must be proficient in Microsoft Office software (especially Word, PowerPoint and Excel)
· Should be functional with Mac-based computer systems
· Must possess excellent verbal and written communication abilities
· Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively communicate with a wide range of individuals and/or organizations, including: board members, donors, foundations, etc.
· Must have a flexible schedule and able to work nights and weekends as needed for events
· Must have reliable transportation
Equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major coursework in marketing, arts management, art history, design, or a closely related field. Previous fundraising and relationship-building experience required, specifically in researching and working with multiple stakeholders and adhering to timelines. Sincere interest in public art, design and contemporary art issues a significant plus.
Compensation Based on experience and qualifications.
Applicants should email a current resume, a letter of interest not to exceed 1 page, and 3 professional references with the subject line “ Business Development Manager application” to: HR@urbanartcommission.org.
About us: UAC is an independent non-profit organization committed to enhancing the cultural vibrancy of our community through the development of public art. UAC is committed to equity and inclusion in our work. People of color, LGBTQIA individuals, differently abled persons, indigenous peoples and women are strongly encouraged. Visit http://www.urbanartcommission.org.