Daily Archives: November 15, 2017
Company: art village gallery
Position: Part-Time Exhibitions and Projects Assistant
Established South Main gallery is seeking a motivated, dedicated and positive individual with previous experience working at a gallery, museum or comparable arts organization who will be responsible for duties related to the successful implementation of exhibitions and projects using a diverse and culturally specific focus as the guideline for the execution of all programming to connect the neighborhood and surrounding community to different cultures using the common language of art.
Our ideal candidate:
- Has a high level of self-confidence and personal direction to negotiate a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment where information and direction comes from multiple sources.
- Superior organization and time management and multi-tasking skills; is personable and is able to work efficiently in a high-pressure environment
- Superior attention to detail; diligence in problem-solving and project completion.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
• Develop project timelines, track progress and deliverables for internal project related tasks
• Liaise with artists, vendors and international and local galleries to plan cultural exhibitions
• Prior experience organizing exhibitions, or relevant project management experience.
• Provide support with all stages of planning and implementation of select exhibitions.
• Coordinate gallery and art fair exhibitions from design phase through de-installation
• Create exhibition models (physical & sketch-up) as needed
• Coordinate gallery framing orders & photo production (printing & mounting)
• General proficiency with Google Sketchup, proficiency in Rhino or other 3D modeling programs a plus
• Proficiency in Adobe design software (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop)
• Art related education and or experience a plus
• 3+ year’s experience as a team lead in the design/art and exhibitions field
• Proficiency with MS Office, IOS, Photoshop, project management software and databases is desired
• Ability to travel as needed
Email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please put “Exhibitions and Projects” in subject line and include three references with email addresses and telephone numbers.
Absolutely no phone calls or walk-ins please
Company: The Peabody
Position: Lobby Bar Manager
Beverage outlet, service areas and Banquets.
Job involves working:
- under variable temperature conditions.
- under variable noise levels.
- around fumes and/or odor hazards.
- around dust.
- around chemicals.
Staff in Beverage, Kitchen/Stewarding, Restaurant, Front Desk, Housekeeping and Engineering.
Hotel guests/visitors, vendors and contractors. CNS Health Inspector, Pest Control.
- Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental policies, service procedures and standards.
- Maintain complete knowledge of correct maintenance and use of equipment. Use equipment only as intended.
- Anticipate guests’ needs, respond promptly and acknowledge all guests, however busy.
- Maintain positive guest relations at all times.
- Be familiar with all hotel services/features in order to respond to guest inquiries accurately.
- Resolve guest complaints, ensuring guest satisfaction.
- Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation and organization of assigned work areas.
- Maintain complete knowledge of all menu items, liquor brands, beers and non-alcoholic selections available in the assigned outlet.
- Maintain knowledge of the particular characteristics and description of every wine/champagne by the glass and major wines on the wine list.
- Maintain complete knowledge of designated glassware and garnishes for each drink.
- Fluency in English, both verbal and written.
- Provide legible communication and directions.
- Compute basic arithmetic.
- Food handling certification within 60 days.
- Minimum 18 years of age to serve alcoholic beverages.
- Ability to:
- perform job functions with attention to detail, speed and accuracy.
- prioritize, organize and follow up.
- be a clear thinker, remaining calm and resolving problems using good judgment.
- follow directions thoroughly.
- understand guests’ service needs.
- work cohesively with associates as part of a team.
- work with minimal supervision.
- maintain confidentiality of guest and associate information and pertinent hotel data.
- ascertain departmental training needs and provide such training
- direct performance of staff and follow up with corrections when needed.
- satisfactorily communicate with guests, management and co-workers in a courteous, empathetic and discreet manner.
- maintain regular and punctual attendance.
- adhere to Peabody grooming standards.
- exemplify Peabody Service Excellence®.
- Knowledge of various drink recipes and beverage service standards.
- Experience in cash handling.
- Perform Bartender/Server duties when needed.
- High school graduate or equivalent vocational training certificate, some college.
- Previous experience as a bartender.
- Experience with computers, calculators or word processors.
- Ability to suggestively sell.
- Ability to input and access information in the property management system/point of sale system/computers.
- Previous guest relations training.
- Certification of previous training in liquor, wine, and food service.
- Certification in CPR.
- Able to input purchases, transfers and cost in IP system.
- Participate in scheduling and payroll functions.
- Food handling managers card within 60 days.
- Exert physical effort in transporting up to 300 pounds.
- Endure various physical movements throughout the work areas and move freely.
- Reach forearm above head.
For more information or to apply, click http://www.peabodyhotelsandresorts.com/careers/
Company: Memphis Escape Rooms
Position: Room Host
This is a job unlike any other! A rapidly growing company, Memphis Escape Rooms is looking for enthusiastic, creative staff members with good communication and problem solving skills. These games challenge people in a variety of scenarios to perform a series of challenging puzzles during a 60-minute window of time and escape before the clock stops!
As an Escape Room Host, you will help provide a unique and immersive experience for our customers in a new and exciting field of entertainment and team building!
Be outgoing, courteous, and engaging with all of our guests. Set up the escape room for each experience and quickly ensure everything is reset and working properly between each group. Greet participants with a smile while helping them check-in and complete waivers. Monitor the experience via video monitoring, providing pre-scripted clues via laptop as needed helping guests have a fun and challenging time with us. Tidy and clean up the escape room, lobby and host room. Keep track of inventory and ensure all items in escape room are in working order. Provide guests with a “5-star” experience from the beginning to the end of their experience.
Charisma! — An outgoing and sociable personality that is welcoming to all participants and staff members. An interest in puzzles and games helps. Any artistic, creative or handy skills are valuable. Attention to detail, excellent problem solving skills and good at working as part of a team. You must remain calm and friendly while under pressure and exercise the ability to think quickly. Computer skills are also valuable.
Experience / Education Desired:
At least 1 year of customer service experience as well as a Bachelors Degree in progress is preferred. High School Diploma or equivalent is required.
This role offers 12-35 hours a week at $9 an hour with the ability to move upward in the company quickly. We are hiring at both our Downtown location as well as our East Memphis location.
WEEKENDS AND SOME EVENINGS ARE A MUST! We are currently only hiring people who can also work our seasonal schedule.
If you are interested, please send your resume to Info@memphisescaperooms.com. We look forward to hearing from you.
Company: Enjoy A&M
Position: Job Fair
Andy Ticer and Michael Hudman (Executive chefs and owners of Andrew Michael Italian Kitchen, Catherine & Mary’s, Hog & Hominy, and Porcellino’s) are hosting a round of job fairs in support of their newest restaurant, that will be opening in the Old Dominic Distillery in Downtown Memphis by January 1, 2018.
The Job Fairs will be held at Catherine & Mary’s (272 S. Main Street) on Tuesday, November 21, 2017 and on Monday, Dec. 4, 2017, both from 11 am – 5 pm, where owners, chefs, and management will be present.
We are hiring all positions, Front of House and Back of House; servers, servers assistants, bartenders, assistant managers, chef de cuisine, sous chefs, bar backs, dishwashers, prep cooks, line cooks- day time and night time positions both available.
Company: Victory Bike Studio
Position: Bicycle Mechanic Needed
Email resume to email@example.com