Company: art village gallery
Position: Part-Time Exhibitions and Projects Assistant
Established South Main gallery is seeking a motivated, dedicated and positive individual with previous experience working at a gallery, museum or comparable arts organization who will be responsible for duties related to the successful implementation of exhibitions and projects using a diverse and culturally specific focus as the guideline for the execution of all programming to connect the neighborhood and surrounding community to different cultures using the common language of art.
Our ideal candidate:
- Has a high level of self-confidence and personal direction to negotiate a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment where information and direction comes from multiple sources.
- Superior organization and time management and multi-tasking skills; is personable and is able to work efficiently in a high-pressure environment
- Superior attention to detail; diligence in problem-solving and project completion.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
• Develop project timelines, track progress and deliverables for internal project related tasks
• Liaise with artists, vendors and international and local galleries to plan cultural exhibitions
• Prior experience organizing exhibitions, or relevant project management experience.
• Provide support with all stages of planning and implementation of select exhibitions.
• Coordinate gallery and art fair exhibitions from design phase through de-installation
• Create exhibition models (physical & sketch-up) as needed
• Coordinate gallery framing orders & photo production (printing & mounting)
• General proficiency with Google Sketchup, proficiency in Rhino or other 3D modeling programs a plus
• Proficiency in Adobe design software (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop)
• Art related education and or experience a plus
• 3+ year’s experience as a team lead in the design/art and exhibitions field
• Proficiency with MS Office, IOS, Photoshop, project management software and databases is desired
• Ability to travel as needed
Email cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Please put “Exhibitions and Projects” in subject line and include three references with email addresses and telephone numbers.
Absolutely no phone calls or walk-ins please