Company: The Peabody
Position: Lobby Bar Manager
Beverage outlet, service areas and Banquets.
Job involves working:
- under variable temperature conditions.
- under variable noise levels.
- around fumes and/or odor hazards.
- around dust.
- around chemicals.
Staff in Beverage, Kitchen/Stewarding, Restaurant, Front Desk, Housekeeping and Engineering.
Hotel guests/visitors, vendors and contractors. CNS Health Inspector, Pest Control.
- Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental policies, service procedures and standards.
- Maintain complete knowledge of correct maintenance and use of equipment. Use equipment only as intended.
- Anticipate guests’ needs, respond promptly and acknowledge all guests, however busy.
- Maintain positive guest relations at all times.
- Be familiar with all hotel services/features in order to respond to guest inquiries accurately.
- Resolve guest complaints, ensuring guest satisfaction.
- Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation and organization of assigned work areas.
- Maintain complete knowledge of all menu items, liquor brands, beers and non-alcoholic selections available in the assigned outlet.
- Maintain knowledge of the particular characteristics and description of every wine/champagne by the glass and major wines on the wine list.
- Maintain complete knowledge of designated glassware and garnishes for each drink.
- Fluency in English, both verbal and written.
- Provide legible communication and directions.
- Compute basic arithmetic.
- Food handling certification within 60 days.
- Minimum 18 years of age to serve alcoholic beverages.
- Ability to:
- perform job functions with attention to detail, speed and accuracy.
- prioritize, organize and follow up.
- be a clear thinker, remaining calm and resolving problems using good judgment.
- follow directions thoroughly.
- understand guests’ service needs.
- work cohesively with associates as part of a team.
- work with minimal supervision.
- maintain confidentiality of guest and associate information and pertinent hotel data.
- ascertain departmental training needs and provide such training
- direct performance of staff and follow up with corrections when needed.
- satisfactorily communicate with guests, management and co-workers in a courteous, empathetic and discreet manner.
- maintain regular and punctual attendance.
- adhere to Peabody grooming standards.
- exemplify Peabody Service Excellence®.
- Knowledge of various drink recipes and beverage service standards.
- Experience in cash handling.
- Perform Bartender/Server duties when needed.
- High school graduate or equivalent vocational training certificate, some college.
- Previous experience as a bartender.
- Experience with computers, calculators or word processors.
- Ability to suggestively sell.
- Ability to input and access information in the property management system/point of sale system/computers.
- Previous guest relations training.
- Certification of previous training in liquor, wine, and food service.
- Certification in CPR.
- Able to input purchases, transfers and cost in IP system.
- Participate in scheduling and payroll functions.
- Food handling managers card within 60 days.
- Exert physical effort in transporting up to 300 pounds.
- Endure various physical movements throughout the work areas and move freely.
- Reach forearm above head.
For more information or to apply, click http://www.peabodyhotelsandresorts.com/careers/