Choose901 Jobs of the Week- 11/22/17
Click Here for More
Company: Miles Partnership
Position: Creative Copywriter
Miles is looking for a Creative Copywriter to work in our Memphis, Tennessee location.
We are a travel marketing company seeking a creative copywriter with a passion for creating innovative and engaging copy for our clients. You will work closely with account managers, designers and clients to ensure your copy works for a variety of media platforms and hand-in-hand with the visual concepts generated by our design team.
The position will be responsible for writing and editing a wide range and heavy volume of materials for multiple clients. In addition, the copywriter will establish standards by which other writers and editors can craft copy that advances and supports our client’s brands.
The ideal candidate will be able to present multiple copy solutions and, in collaboration with other creative team members, bring them to the full concept without delay. The copywriter will need to be able to adapt the tone of their writing to ensure that messages are effective for a wide variety of audiences and different brands. The copywriter will be required to juggle competing priorities, demonstrate strong creative and problem-solving skills, have great attention to detail, adhere to deadlines, and work well both independently and within collaborative teams.
- Concept and write engaging and effective materials for clients, across all media, including websites, promotional marketing materials, advertising, email communications, infographics, video, and other collateral.
- Generate original copy ideas that grab the attention of the target audience. This can include creating straplines, slogans, body copy, jingles, and scripts. Usually working on multiple projects, the typical creative process can involve:
- meeting with account executives to discuss the client’s requirements and core messages
- familiarizing themselves with the product, target audience and competitor activities in the market
- brainstorming ideas and concepts for the visual and words with other members of the creative team
- presenting initial ideas to the creative director, some of which may be rejected or developed into workable concepts
- writing various copy options, which may be presented to the client as a storyboard (a consecutive series of frames depicting the script and drawings that may be used)
- modifying copy until the client is satisfied
- overseeing the production phase, booking and liaising with designers, illustrators, printers, photographers and production companies
- prioritizing multiple projects with changing scope, timelines, goals, and deliverables
- Write and edit copy developed specifically for search engine optimization/search engine marketing to ensure accuracy and adherence to brand guidelines and mission
- Write and edit copy for campaign landing pages. Content should be engaging, inspiring and at the end of the day entice people to stay longer and book travel. Recommend design changes to the team that will further enhance the user experience and ensure all elements are on brand and correlates to the media driving to these pages.
Work Skills and Qualifications:
- 2+ years’ experience in creative copywriting and content development, preferably with a tourism or features focus
- Possess superb customer service skills and excellent attention to detail
- Possess an engaging writing style, creativity, and excellent attention to detail
- Proficient with web content best practices, including SEO, HTML and uploading content into a content management system
- Proficient in integrating brand concept and execution in advertising and branding strategies
- Proficient in understanding the media landscape and opportunities.
- Possess exceptional leadership skills
- Able to think strategically and work collaboratively with a team
- Demonstrate a healthy balance of creative, editorial, and technical skills
- Able to multitask, perform efficiently and well under tight deadlines
- Able to manage own workflow while coordinating with project teams and management on schedules, requirements, goals, and assignments as needed
- Willing to take direction if and when needed, but also work independently
- Able to respond positively to customer and peer feedback
- Able to communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing
- Able to effectively manage relationships, both internally and externally
- Display a dependable, strong work ethic
- Able to work in a fast-paced, professional office environment
To apply, click here!