MEMPHIS HOUSING AUTHORITY JOB POSTING NOTICE
NOTICE TO APPLICANTS: Felony records will be reviewed and drug testing shall be required prior to employment. A physical examination limited to job-related necessity may also be required. Testing for some positions, oral and/or written, may be administered based on job-related functions.
POSITION: General Appliance/Equipment Technician
No. of Positions (2)
DEPARTMENT: ASSET MANAGEMENT
SALARY: To be determined
POSTING BEGINS: 12/5/17 POSTING EXPIRES: 12/15/17
Must have five years of proven experience in general maintenance in high-rise, hotel, commercial or similar environment. Well above general knowledge in areas of HVAC, electrical and plumbing. Ability to understand schematic diagrams and diagnose problems and work alone and yield measurable result at an efficient level. Must have a valid driver’s license, strong communication/interpersonal skills and the ability to work evening and weekends.
TYPICAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Maintain, repair, and install systems and their components for multiple brands and models of unitary HVAC systems, PTACs, split systems, mini split systems, heat pumps, refrigeration systems and exhaust systems.
2. Diagnose diverse HVAC service issues, obtain any replacement parts, and calibrate system to manufacturer’s recommendation.
3. Troubleshoot electronic, electrical and mechanical problems for all brands of cooking equipment, comfort and domestic water heating equipment, laundry equipment.
4. Maintain records and logs to show all servicing and maintenance of assigned equipment.
5. Prepare maintenance schedule; perform routine preventive and predictive service on assigned equipment at published intervals.
6. Proficient in understanding electrical and mechanical schematic diagrams.
7. Insure compliance with manufacturer’s warranty and service contracts.
8. Maintain a pre-determined level of spare parts, tools and equipment to insure a continuity or operation.
9. Other related duties as assigned.
Applications or resumes may be filed at Memphis Housing Authority, 700 Adams Ave., Memphis, TN 38105, or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All application or resumes must reach the Authority before the close of business on 12/15/17.
MEMPHIS HOUSING AUTHORITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
Appointments will be based on merit as it relates to position requirements without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex
or national origin or disability.