Job Title: Care Coordinator
Reports To: Emergency Housing Manger
Positions Supervised: None
Status: Permanent Full-Time
Hours: 8:00am to 4:30pm Monday – Friday
Other as required
The Family Safety Center of Memphis and Shelby County, Inc. is a non-profit organization located in Memphis, TN, whose purpose is to effectively combine civil, criminal, health and social services in order to help victims of family violence. We are seeking a Care Coordinator who is highly motivated and organized to be part of a team of organizations and partners that are involved in the Emergency Sheltering for Victims of Domestic Violence program. This position requires teamwork and flexibility within the work environment to meet client needs. This position will report to the Emergency Housing Manager and will be an integral part of the growth of the organization. This is a grant funded position.
Job Summary: Evaluates emergency housing clients’ needs and assists them in accessing housing services in conjunction and collaboration with Family Safety Center and their partners. Develops, maintains, and monitors client care plans along with coordination and follow-up of support services within inter-disciplinary team. Prepares and administers records, reports, documents pertaining to each case. Serves in an on-call capacity as scheduled to address urgent needs of hotline callers, including placement in a safe place after regular business hours. Participates in professional development activities and client and community outreach.
Assess clients’ needs for services and provide referral and follow-up.
- Evaluates information for clients and their families, assuring that the delivery of service is client centered and seamless.
- Identifies service needs and determines eligibility for housing options.
- Develops a social service care plan and provides monitoring and follow-up.
- Activates emergency and/or safety interventions when needed.
- Ensures clients connect to appropriate supportive services and coordinates with Family Safety Center navigators.
- Consults and collaborates with community agencies and professionals, cultivating and maintaining relationships.
- Serves as an advocate and liaison in assisting clients in obtaining housing and other services as needed.
- Works with and refers clients to Coordinated Community Response (CCR) partners for housing.
- Provides assessments and services on-site at the Family Safety Center as well as at the safe emergency housing locations.
Provides consultation and case management.
- Develops individual case plans and prepares, completes and maintains client records.
- Assists with housing options and monitors effectiveness of casework plan.
- Documents all contacts as required by regulations, policies and procedures.
- Prepares reports and statistical data as required.
- Prepares court documents and reports and may testify in court hearings.
- Prepares monthly reports regarding measurements and progress.
Completes all administrative records pertaining to clients and caseload assignments.
- Establishes and maintains client records and complies with all requirements related to documentation of services rendered.
- Completes client’s statistical documentation/reports by established deadlines.
- Prepares and submits proper summaries and reports to other agencies and professionals promptly and in accordance with confidentiality protocols.
Assists with and participates in professional development activities and client and community outreach.
- Serves as a member of the Coordinated Community Response inter-disciplinary team to give and exchange information and to develop best practices.
- Actively participates in all CCR meetings and trainings.
- Reviews organizational policies and protocols to promote coordination of services with CCR partners.
- Assists with the organization, preparation and provision of professional development activities for the organization and other professionals.
- Promotes outreach for programs and activities to engage community interest and support of domestic violence programs.
Responds to hotline calls as scheduled.
- Provides crisis intervention and supportive counseling for individuals who call after regular business hours.
- Evaluates clients for possible placement in emergency housing within established guidelines.
- Meets with clients approved for emergency placement at the safe place to provide orientation and brief intake.
- Enters and processes client information into database.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of the practices, principles and dynamics of domestic violence case management.
- Knowledge of the laws and services/programs relating to domestic violence services.
- Ability to communicate with a wide range of clients and families from different cultural backgrounds.
- Knowledge of community resources.
- Skill in writing clear and accurate correspondence, records, care plans, reports and statistical data.
- Skill in interviewing and listening techniques.
- Ability to relate to domestic violence victims and respond to their needs.
- Demonstrated computer experience with word processing or varied software required.
Education and Experience
- Minimum undergraduate degree in social work or similar discipline from an accredited program.
- Two years of full time professional social casework experience after acquiring degree.
- Experience working with domestic violence victims is required.
- Previous work experience with vulnerable and/or traumatized populations is required.
- Knowledge of trauma-informed, strength based, victim centered approaches preferred.
Family Safety Center Mission
Our mission is to provide one location that effectively combines civil, criminal, health and social services for victims of family violence.
Family Safety Center Vision
Our vision is a thriving community that embodies a spirit of compassion, collaboration and progressive change that values mutual respect, safety and serenity for all residents.
Family Safety Center Values
Honesty, Openness and Accountability Flexibility
Quality Collaborative Inclusive Teamwork
Dignity, Respect and Fairness Persistence, Resilience and Dedication
Diversity and Equality Hope, Healing, Safety and Justice
Interested applicants: Please send cover letter and resume with salary history to: email@example.com
Application deadline: January 31, 2019