Grace House of Memphis
Position Title: Client Care Specialist
Treating women with Alcohol, Drug, and Co-occurring Disorders in a home-like setting.
Department: Primary House Residential Rehabilitation Program
Reports to: Director of Operations
Days/Hours: Sunday-Saturday 24/7 various shifts
Salary: Determined based on education & experience
Deadline to Apply: Until position filled
Announcement Date: 1/30/2018
Location: Memphis, TN
Duties will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Understanding of Co-occurring and Criminal Justice population and the appropriate interventions for behavioral management.
- Handles crisis situations and when unsure, calls on-call person for assistance
- Talks one on one to clients, as needed, and encourages them to discuss issues relevant to their problems with their counselor.
- Appropriately corrects clients on inappropriate actions and gives IB’s as indicated.
- Be responsible for helping to oversee the needs of the residential facility.
- Monitor clients and assist in day to day operations of the program.
- Reports and Recordkeeping
- High school diploma or equivalent. Possess a working knowledge of the 12 steps. 12 traditions and 12 concepts of the AA program.
- Experience working with addiction, co-occurring population, criminal justice population in a 12 Step based program
- Prefer experience in a home-like residential setting.
- If in recovery, a minimum of 5 years continuous sobriety.
- Must have excellent organizational, verbal, written and computer skills. Proficient in MS Word, Excel, and Internet use.
- Motivated to carry out directives with minimum supervision.
- A positive, professional demeanor and maturity; the ability to deal with clients, the public, and co-workers; exercise good judgment in evaluating situations and making decisions.
- Submit a criminal background check, and must not currently be under the supervision of the courts.
HOW TO APPLY
Please email or fax a current resume, cover letter with salary requirements, and list of 3 professional references to:
Veronica Brown: firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 901-722-9023
Grace House strives to provide the highest quality of care possible to women who are experiencing major life problems due to substance use disorders or co-occurring disorders in an environment that preserves and promotes the dignity of the woman served without regard to race, color, creed, gender, economic or social circumstances, or sexual orientation, or national origin. No woman is denied treatment because of a lack of resources. Grace House of Memphis is a 501 (c)(3) non-profit, and a United Way agency. We are licensed by the Tennessee Department of Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services, and accredited by CARF, the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities.