Senior Service Coordinator
Silver Tree Residential, LLC is one of the fastest growing property management companies in the industry. We were formed in 2009 under the vision of James Carmichael to operate a portfolio of apartment communities that now consists of 40 properties, spanning 17 states and totaling over 6,000 units. Silver Tree Residential, LLC exists to provide the highest quality operations in senior and family housing communities.
Silver Tree Residential is looking for a dependable and experienced Senior Service Coordinator to join and lead our Resident Services team. City View Towers is comprised of 430 Project-Based Section 8 apartment homes for seniors. We are looking for a reliable leader who is willing to uphold our community to the highest standards and help improve the quality of life of our residents.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- SSC will develop relationships and partnerships with multiple agencies and nonprofits in the Memphis area to help provide services for residents of City View Towers.
- SSC will link and develop ongoing educational programming, wellness presentations and on-site events for residents that enable, empower and promote resident self-sufficiency.
- Demonstrates a solid working knowledge of federal, state and local resources, including entitlement and means-tested programs available to seniors that support a consumer-directed approach toward independent living.
- SSC provides information on available resources to residents, their families and representatives that are targeted to meet immediate service needs requested and directed by the resident to enhance their ability to age in place at City View Towers.
- Serves as a liaison between medical and professional services providers, and community agencies and/or upon request and/or authorization from the resident or his/her legal representative.
- SSC shall maintain a team-focused, positive working relationship with housing management.
- Will report abuse, neglect or exploitation of a resident in accordance and compliance with appropriate state statutes, and standards of ethical practice.
- SSC shall not provide direct services to residents but may provide limited case management when requested and authorized by the resident.
- Maintains resident files in compliance with HUD requirements, utilizing such files to prepare and submit HUD regulatory reports as directed.
- The employee shall develop and maintain a resource directory for the apartment community.
- When consumer-directed, SSC shall assist the resident, family and designated representatives with the transition into and out of the facility.
- Must be able to pass a background check and pre-employment drug screening.
- The individual will possess a minimum of a bachelor’s degree in gerontology, social work or related field. Master’s degree and/ or AASC Professional Services Coordinator certification is preferred but not required.
- The individual will possess a minimum of five years of experience providing social services and a genuine interest in continuing education that directly serves the elderly.
- The individual will be informed as to legal liability issues relevant to the provision of social services to at-risk populations.
- The individual will possess a sincere commitment and passion to serve an elderly population characterized by physical, functional, social and cognitive challenges.
- The individual will possess strong written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to problem-solve, educate and advocate for vulnerable adults.
- Excellent organizational skills and knowledge of MS Office and experience with Excel spreadsheets is required.
To ensure STR gets the best candidates, we offer a competitive salary and benefit package.
To Apply: Please contact Lauren Rosado @ 901.687.8195 or LR@st-residential.com