Operations and Data Officer (full time)
UrbanArt Commission (UAC) has been growing steadily in recent years and is now seeking to accelerate growth through the addition of the Operations and Data Manger. This position for UAC will fill a critical role in advancing organizational efficiencies through managing and streamlining internal systems and operations, administration of contracts and budget to support project development, and develop and manage processes for data tracking and impact assessment. The Operations and Data Officer will work closely with the Executive Director and Project Management team to advance the organization’s mission and goals, as well as implement a five-year strategic plan currently under development. This role will be responsible for establishing efficient and effective systems that build on the capacity of a dynamic and thoughtful team as we expand the impact and engagement of UAC’s work.
Reports to: Executive Director
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- + Provide oversight for the major administrative functions of the organization including but not limited to financial management, human resources, evaluation, and logistics
- + Oversee annual budgeting and planning process with the ED, review monthly financial statements against projected budget
- + Work with contracted bookkeeping support to manage invoicing and delivery of scheduled payments
- + Manage organizational cash flow
- + Develop and analyze financial reports for grant, board and budgeting purposes
- + Coordinate annual financial audit
- + Support communication with UAC board finance committee and consistent review of financial policies
- + Refine internal systems, processes and workflows in collaboration with the ED
- + Implement strategic plan and systems that supporting organizational goals alongside UAC team
- + Manage contract development, execution, administration and reporting structure
- + Develop and manage data tracking systems related to project development, strategic goals, and operations budget to support progress evaluation, including developing policies and procedures for ensuring the integrity of data collected
- + Assist the ED in building capacity and professional development opportunities for a growing team
- + Other duties as assigned
- + Detail oriented and process-minded
- + 5+ years relevant operations management experience
- + Strong business acumen and thorough understanding of finance, human resources, and systems management
- + Excellent communication and inter-personal skills
- + Proficient in QuickBooks Non-Profit Edition for purposes of producing accurate financial information in a timely manner
- + Strong background in operationalizing and understanding of Non-Profit financial operations
- + Ability to develop and analyze spreadsheets and reports to manage all aspects of business and track impact of UAC’s work
- + Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in business administration, finance or related field
- + SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) or Professional of Human Resources (PHR) Certification preferred
- + Dedication to UAC’s mission and goals
Based on experience and qualifications.
Applicants should email a current resume including a letter of interest not to exceed 1 page and 3 professional references with the subject line “Operations and Data Officer application” to: HR@urbanartcommission.org.
About us: UAC is an independent non-profit organization committed to enhancing the cultural vibrancy of our community through the development of public art. UAC is committed to equity and inclusion in our work. People of color, LGBTQIA individuals, differently abled persons, indigenous peoples and women are strongly encouraged to apply. Visit http://www.urbanartcommission.org.
Closing Date: 3/30/18