Accounts Payable Clerk
Posting Start Date: 2/28/2018
Posting End Date: 3/09/2018
The Accounts Payable/Fiscal Clerk will organize Accounts Payable activities by receiving and paying invoices, compiling and maintaining accounts payable records and assisting with financial support activities.
- Associate’s degree in Accounting or related field required. Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in accounts payable is required.
- Knowledge of basic accounting or business practices and methods.
- Knowledge of standard computer software, including word processing, database and spreadsheet applications; able to understand processes via internet and e-mail.
- Effective written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to be accurate with excellent attention to detail.
Essential Job Functions
- Process all purchase order requests.
- Review and verify accounts payable invoices/stipends/contractor payments.
- Ensure the correct coding of all payment requests based on the Agency’s cost allocation plan.
- Ensure timely and correct payments to internal and external vendors and maintain such files.
- Match up vendor invoices to receiving paperwork.
- Complete vendor statement reconciliation and follow up on missing invoices.
- Assist in preparing and analyzing monthly and year end reports.
- Develop and analyze payable reports.
- Perform some accounting functions and understand basic accounting principles.
- Provide documentation and reports for Accounts Receivable billing, budgeting, and general accounting.
- Process journal entries.
- Assist with various departmental activities, and distribute mail.
- Contribute to team effort by performing other tasks as assigned.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE TODAY!