Why join us?
Barge Design Solutions, Inc. is an engineering and architecture services firm consistently ranked in the top 500 engineering firms in the United States. We have been in business for over 60 years and offer a range of architecture and engineering services to diverse market sectors which include industrial, municipal, commercial, and government clients.
Our primary purpose for being in business is ultimately to create a better life by unleashing the potential of our people, clients, and communities. This purpose is supported by our company’s core values because, at the end of the day, Barge CARES:
- Collaborate – Help and expect help. Teamwork is essential in what we do.
- Authentic – Honesty, integrity, and trust are at the heart of everything we do. We are who we say we are.
- Responsible – We are accountable for our work, our attitude, and our actions. We make Barge better.
- Excellence – We go all in and expect more of ourselves than others expect of us.
- Service – We are humble. We use our gifts in service of others.
We believe that if we are living out our purpose for being in business and integrating our values into everything we do, we will ultimately achieve our vision to be the firm best known for being selected when it matters most.
What We’re Looking For
Barge Design Solutions, Inc. is looking for qualified candidates for Project Geologist positions in our Nashville and Knoxville Offices. The primary focus will be supporting the environmental assessment/remediation group with managing and implementing field investigations, data management and analyses, client development, and report writing.
This position requires a dynamic individual who is flexible, learns quickly, can work independently, and can lead project teams. This position interacts throughout the company and externally with clients and internal business managers.
Specific activities will include:
- Following safe work practices and adhering to company policies
- Geologic logging and hydrogeologic testing on environmental projects
- Contaminant data management and analyses and presentations
- Preparation of technical reports pertaining to field investigations and studies
- Development and management of budgets, determination of project scope, maintaining schedules, and interaction with clients and state/federal regulators
- Preparation of proposals and presentations
- BS in geology or engineering geology
- Current OSHA 40 Hour Training and Annual Refresher
- Professional Registered Geologist in Tennessee or in adjoining states
- Project management experience
- Experience conducting environmental assessments and remedial actions
- Number of years of relevant employment: 7 to 10 years
- Exceptional organizational, technical, leadership, written and oral communication, as well as
Ideal candidates would also have
- MS in geology
- Proven marketing skills
- Landfill permitting experience
- Asbestos inspector certification
- Experience with contaminate transport modeling
Apply Online: https://www.bargedesign.com/careers