Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for all aspects of swimming pool including the safety of residents and upkeep of facilities.
- High School Diploma
Certification & Licensures Requirements
- Basic Lifeguard Training
- First Aid
Must be 21
- Provides structured water classes (swimming lessons, games) for all residents.
- Maintains certifications and trainings to remain compliant (CPR, CPI, Cert Lifeguard Training)
- Provides coverage for all swimmers.
- Keeps pool clean, vacuumed, chemicals accurate, and makes necessary repairs.
- Assesses new residents for swimming levels.
- Teaches lifesaving techniques to upper level swimmers.
- Coordinates pool schedule for weekdays and weekends with cottage staff.
- May assist with other water sports (ie: canoeing) if applicable to campus.
Youth Villages’ Residential Treatment programs serve children with emotional and behavioral problems. Our residential campuses provide the setting for an intensive treatment program that combines the unique balance of structure and freedom. This enables children and their families to identify, understand and cope with their individual needs and develop the skills necessary to succeed in less restrictive settings. We have three different types of facilities—Intensive Residential Centers, Open Campuses, and Group Homes. Located in Tennessee and Georgia, all of these facilities utilize the Re-Education of Emotionally Disturbed Children therapy model (Re-Ed).