||Employer Postings Form
|Job Title & Description
||Master’s Level In-Home Family Counselor/Therapist
|Job Title & Description
||Youth Villages is a nonprofit organization striving to help troubled youth and families live successfully. We are a team of 2,900 individuals who’ve come together across 11 states and the District of Columbia to change the landscape of child welfare and juvenile justice across the country. Our work involves providing an array of counseling and treatment services to youth with severe emotional and behavioral problems.
Eighty-four percent of those who go through treatment are succeeding two years after leaving our program. These youth are living at home, remaining in school, and are not experiencing trouble with the law.
We believe strongly in investing in and supporting our employees. We offer candidates opportunities to develop a career and be part of a positive change in our country’s treatment of at-risk youth and families.
|Job Title & Description
||Can I see myself here?
We have found our staff succeeds at Youth Villages when they:
Are passionate about social services and dedicated to helping at-risk youth and families
Value feedback and accountability
Value the collaboration that comes from working on a team and thrive working on their own
Enjoy variety in their schedule and not sitting behind a desk all day
Are results and detailed oriented
Have a sense of humor and find creative ways to implement ideas
Value a strength-based treatment approach
Can change priorities quickly
Are looking for more than just a job
How will I make a difference?
Providing in-home counseling services for at-risk youth and families
Managing a small case load of four to six families to provide quality counseling
Meeting with youth and families three times weekly to address each family’s needs
Providing after hours support to youth and families through being on-call to personal caseloads Monday-Friday and rotating weekend and overnight on-call duties
Collaborating with youth, family, teachers, and other community members working towards the success of the youth; that could be attending court or meeting with teachers; it depends on what your families’ needs are in any given week
Providing a strengths-based approach utilizing counseling and social work skills
Attend three weekly meetings (individual, team, and clinical consultation) for professional development to help enhance clinical skills
Schedule is flexible and non-traditional; based around the availability of youth and families served.
Applicants must have a valid driver’s license, a personal vehicle to use for work purposes and auto insurance.
Community Based staff will be reimbursed for applicable mileage
How can I be considered for the position?
You can be considered for this position if you meet the following qualifications:
Master’s degree in social services field is required. Degrees that can be considered include: social work, drug and alcohol education or counseling, psychology, criminal justice, guidance counseling, or marriage and family therapy. Other degrees will have to be evaluated further to determine if they meet the qualifications.
Experience working with at-risk youth and/or families in a volunteer, internship, or paid position; clinical experience is preferred
Willingness/desire to maintain an untraditional schedule
Strong writing skills and experience with electronic documentation
Acceptable driving record- Two or fewer moving violations within the past 36 months
How will you invest in me?
One of our core values is that we are committed to our staff. We will help you take your career with us wherever you want it to go.
We offer staff:
Affordable access to medical, prescription, dental, and vision insurance plans
Tuition Reimbursement and Licensure Supervision
Priority consideration for leadership openings throughout the organization
Mileage and cell phone reimbursement
Retirement savings pension plan and a 403(b) and FSA
Paid time off: Two weeks for vacation, 10 paid holidays, and 12 sick days annually
Supportive leadership and coworkers
Are you ready to make difference? Apply here http://www.youthvillages.org/jobs.
|Contact Procedures (How the applicant should apply for the position.)
||Please apply at:
To Apply visit: http://www.mlgw.com/about/currentopenings
|Announcement Date: 6/7/2018
||Location: Memphis, TN
|Position Title: Residential Rehabilitation Counselor
Treating women with Alcohol, Drug, and Co-occurring Disorders in a home-like setting.
|Department: Primary House Residential Rehabilitation Program
|Reports to: Clinical Director
||Days/Hours: Mon-Fri, 40 Hours/ 2:30-11p shifts
|Salary: Determined based on education & experience
||Deadline to Apply: Until position filled
Duties will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Deliver counseling and group services to women with alcohol, drugs, and co-occurring mental disorders in a structured treatment program (ASAM Level III.5 & III.3), in a home-like setting.
- Provide case management to special needs and homeless population.
- Be responsible for helping to overseeing the needs of the residential facility.
- Monitor clients and assist in day to day operations of the house.
- Reports and Recordkeeping
- Bachelor’s Degree in social science field; Master’s degree in a social science field preferred
- LADAC or other related license preferred.
- Experience working with addiction, co-occurring population, criminal justice population in a 12 Step based program
- Prefer experience in a home-like residential setting.
- A working knowledge of the 12 Steps. Prefer a LADAC or a minimum of 5 years of experience.
- If in recovery, a minimum of 5 years continuous sobriety.
- Must have excellent organizational, verbal, written and computer skills. Proficient in MS Word, Excel, and Internet use.
- Motivated to carry out directives with minimum supervision.
- Knowledge of community resources and case management experience.
- Understand and practice various therapeutic approaches to counseling and case management.
- Knowledge of trauma informed care, and therapeutic community.
- A positive, professional demeanor and maturity; the ability to deal with clients, the public and co-workers; exercise good judgment in evaluating situations and making decisions.
- Submit a criminal background check, and must not currently be under supervision of the courts.
HOW TO APPLY
Please email or fax a current resume, cover letter with salary requirements, and list of 3 professional references to:
Veronica Brown: firstname.lastname@example.org
or fax to: 901-722-9023
Grace House strives to provide the highest quality of care possible to women who are experiencing major life problems due to substance use disorders or co-occurring disorders in an environment that preserves and promotes the dignity of the woman served without regard to race, color, creed, gender, economic or social circumstances, or sexual orientation, or national origin. No woman is denied treatment because of a lack of resources. Grace House of Memphis is a 501 (c)(3) non-profit, and a United Way agency. We are licensed by the Tennessee Department of Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services, and accredited by CARF, the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities.