POSITION TITLE: Facilitation Specialist – Team BRIDGES
REPORTS TO: Director of Team BRIDGES
Team BRIDGES is a dynamic, high energy work environment that requires flexibility, great communication skills, and tight-knit working relationships. The Facilitation Specialist’s primary responsibilities are managing clients, creating and facilitating customized agendas and curriculums, and leading participants through low and high challenge course elements.
Full Time, Regular, Exempt
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead and facilitate adventure-based, experiential programs and curriculums.
- Create individualized curriculums and agendas to meet the specific goals of clients and organizations.
- Manage a client throughout the entire process including all paperwork (invoices, work agreements, waivers, surveys, etc.), leading meetings, quoting prices, arranging catering, creating agendas, and serving as the lead facilitator during the event.
- Balance and maximize work hours to manage several clients, while also assisting in other Team BRIDGES events.
- Work with diverse client groups including corporate, non-profit, faith-based groups, schools, adults and youth.
- Ensure effective communication and rapport amongst staff and clients by promptly responding to emails and voicemails, and keeping calendars and data spreadsheets up to date.
- Assist in the maintenance of Team BRIDGES’ gear and supplies for the AutoZone High Adventure Challenge Course, The Grizzlies Climbing Wall and ground level initiatives.
- Make sure that all program materials, handouts, agendas, etc. are prepared for staff and are available for all meetings, events, trainings, etc.
- Assist in maintaining an aesthetically pleasing work environment for staff and clients.
- Facilitation of low elements, rock wall and high ropes course activities, on and off-site.
- Occasionally work outside in the elements throughout the year.
- Demonstrate consistent proficiency of technical skills with participants and staff on the high ropes course, rock wall, and low elements.
- Participate in continuing education of facilitation skills and challenge course certifications.
- Ensure with Challenge Course Manager that risk management procedures are implemented and followed.
- Must be flexible and able to work evenings, weekends and/or over-night as required.
- Reliable transportation as facilitation often takes place off-site.
- Represent Team BRIDGES at events, conferences, meetings, public forums etc.; often requires speaking in front of large groups.
- Perform other reasonably related duties as assigned by the Team BRIDGES’ Director and Challenge Course Manager.
In-depth experience in coordinating and facilitating programs with an experiential / adventure education core.
- Experience facilitating a variety of age groups and other demographics is preferred.
- Must have a strong work ethic, and is willing to be adaptable in a dynamic work environment.
- Possess a genuine interest and knowledge in working with a diverse population of youth and adults.
- Have experience and enthusiasm for developing the strengths and skills of program participants.
- Detail oriented with the ability to multi-task while maintaining high-quality accountability measurements and documentation for programming.
- Can develop and maintain positive working relationships with BRIDGES staff and clients.
- Comfortable working at height (30 feet and higher).
- Experience in facilitating indoor/outdoor recreation activities and/or challenge course elements is preferred.
- Good communication (verbal and written), interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Must be computer literate with knowledge and experience using Microsoft and Apple products.
- Experience using social media (Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram) preferred.
- Bachelors Degree in Education, Social Work, Psychology or related field.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and show proof of liability insurance coverage as required by the laws of the State of Tennessee and as outlined in the BRIDGES Employee Handbook.
- Must be able to confidently complete all elements of the AutoZone High Adventure Challenge Course and the Grizzlies Climbing Wall.
- Able to lift, carry and/or move 40 pounds unassisted and up to 75 pounds with assistance.
- The employee is regularly required to walk, talk, see and hear.
- The employee will participate in all of the high-energy activities; these may require running, stooping, etc.
- Requires ordinary ambulatory skills sufficient to visit departments at BRIDGES Center.
- Requires excellent communication skills both spoken and written.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, talk, hear and see. The employee is required to use hands and fingers to operate, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; and reach with hands and arms.
In compliance with applicable law, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
EOE – M/F – V/H
I certify that there is nothing that would prevent me from performing the duties as outlined above.
I understand that my position and continued employment depend on the availability of funding.
This position is full-time, regular; exempt. To apply, submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com with “Team BRIDGES Facilitation Specialist” in the subject line. No calls, please.