Job Title: Executive Director – Girls on the Run Memphis
Location: Memphis, TN
Reports To: Senior Vice President, Council Development
FLSA Status: Exempt; 30 hours per week
Girls on the Run International is a national nonprofit organization dedicated to creating a world where every girl knows and activates her limitless potential and is free to boldly pursue her dreams. We inspire girls to be joyful, healthy and confident using a fun, experience-based curriculum which creatively integrates running. Over 210 Councils in 50 states serve 200,000+ girls a year, and engage close to 100,000 volunteers.
Girls on the Run believes that all girls and communities should have access to our programs. We strive to eliminate barriers to participation, to continue creating programming that engages all communities, to be intentional about staff and volunteer diversity and to promote a culture of inclusion across the organization.
Consistent with the mission of Girls on the Run, the Executive Director is responsible for the overall development, management, organization and financial solvency of the Girls on the Run Memphis council. This position will report to the Board of Directors of Girls on the Run Memphis and the Sr. VP of Council Development of Girls on the Run International (HQ), located in Charlotte, NC and will be a full-time, 30-hours per week position growing to 40 hours per week over time. The best candidate will be a candidate who has proven experience creating, developing and growing organizations. She/he will have a strong entrepreneurial spirit and the ability to get things done across different functional areas.
This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
• Provide leadership, vision, and direction to the Memphis council to ensure the program meets the needs of participants, volunteers and the community with an emphasis on diversity and inclusivity.
• With input from the GOTR Memphis Board and HQ, create and implement a council development plan that includes program and site development strategies, marketing and awareness strategies, and community and volunteer engagement strategies.
• Closely manage revenue and expenses to ensure adherence to the annual council budget.
• Build a culture of quality, inclusivity and diversity among the council and its stakeholders.
• Adhere to all GOTRI council obligations as stated in the membership agreement and operations manual.
• Provide necessary information to develop annual organization budget.
• Identify and develop key volunteers and leverage board members to assist with functional positions until council can pay additional staff.
Partnerships and Fund Development
• With input from the GOTR Memphis Board and GOTR HQ, create and implement a financial development plan that includes, but is not limited to, individual gifts, corporate sponsorships, grants, and special events, including 5k, to ensure that fundraising goals are achieved.
• Achieve or exceed budgeted contributed income goals.
• Develop community relationships to cultivate donors and volunteers to ensure council revenue and site goals are achieved.
• Establish community partnerships with like-minded organizations that are well-aligned with GOTR mission. Continue reading