Why join us?
Barge Design Solutions, Inc. is an engineering and architecture services firm consistently ranked in the top 500 engineering firms in the United States. We have been in business for over 55 years and offer a range of architecture and engineering services to diverse market sectors which include industrial, municipal, commercial, and government clients.
Our primary purpose for being in business is ultimately to create a better life by unleashing the potential of our people, clients and communities. This purpose is supported by our company’s core values because at the end of the day, Barge CARES:
- Collaborate – Help and expect help. Teamwork is essential in what we do.
- Authentic – Honesty, integrity and trust are at the heart of everything we do. We are who we say we are.
- Responsible – We are accountable for our work, our attitude, and our actions. We make Barge better.
- Excellence – We go all in and expect more of ourselves than others expect of us.
- Service – We are humble. We use our gifts in service of others.
We believe that if we are living out our purpose for being in business and integrating our values into everything we do, we will ultimately achieve our vision to be the firm best known for being selected when it matters most.
What We’re Looking For
Barge is currently seeking to fill the position of Architect in our Memphis, TN office. This position reports to the Architectural Department Manager and assists in all phases of design and construction, coordinating with other employees in the architectural and engineering disciplines.
- Performs tasks associated with architectural design, which includes:
- Design analysis
- Conception drawing
- Final design
- Analyzes reports, maps, and drawings for planning and designing projects
- Analyzes and understands existing building information such as structural, mechanical, electrical, etc.
- Reviews construction projects, conducts site visits, and coordinates submittals
- Assists CAD operators/technicians in producing drawings
- Develops construction cost estimates
- Assist with client contact and communication and attends client meetings
- Prepares and writes addenda related to architectural projects
- Performs other duties as required
The successful candidate will possess the following attributes/requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture from an accredited program
- Professional Architect registration or on track to achieve registration within one year of hire.
- Effective communication (oral and written) to present information and respond to questions from managers, co-workers, and clients
- Ability to understand and follow written and verbal instructions
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret specifications, drawings, manufacturer’s product data, architectural reference manuals, and other job-related manuals and documents
- Understanding of essential equipment for field and office work such as, but not limited to, Revit, Microstation and AutoCAD
- Ability to apply basic concepts of algebra, trigonometry, and geometry
Apply Online: https://www.bargedesign.com/careers