Job Position Opening
Healing Hearts Child Advocacy Center(HHCAC) in Southaven MS is looking for an energetic, passionate individual to lead our team as the executive director.
The executive director is charged with carrying out the purposes, policies, and programs of HHCAC to meet its mission, as determined by the Board of Directors. Assuring a smooth work environment for day-to-day CAC activities, the executive director will oversee the management of all programs and finances, while also serving as the Center’s representative to the community. Increasing the public’s awareness of HHCAC and its mission to keep children safe is a vital and major responsibility of the Executive Director.
- Education and Experience: Master’s Degree in public administration, social work, communications, or similar field OR commensurate experience.
- At least 5 years of management experience.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Previous experience in community outreach and enthusiasm for HHCAC’s mission.
- A history of raising funds and the ability to supervise grant writing.
- An excellent internal and external communicator, who is comfortable in building/maintaining relationships with supervisors, employees, and community members.
- The ability to inspire confidence, lead others, and capture the attention and interest of diverse groups.
- Strong public speaking ability and excellent writing skills.
- A basic knowledge of non-profit fiscal management.
- History within the CAC field a plus.
HHCAC, an accredited member of the National Children’s Alliance, was incorporated in 2013. It is an independent, non-profit corporation funded by community donations and grants (federal, state, county, and city) specifically to (1) prevent “system” re-traumatization of child abuse victims, (2) provide a multidisciplinary team approach to address the needs of child abuse victims, and (3) to educate the community to prevent child abuse.
The program’s approach facilitates communication among the multidisciplinary team of agencies that investigate and prosecute child abuse. It provides a safe, child-friendly facility which is designed for abused children and the agencies involved in child abuse investigations.
The HHCAC current annual operating budget is approximately $650,000 which will need to grow over the next several years to accommodate planned expansion of services.
|Contact Procedures (How the applicant should apply for the position.)||TO APPLY: Email cover letter and resume with 3 professional references to email@example.com. Go to http://www.healingheartscac.org for the full job description.|