Director of Traffic
This position manages the employees and efforts within the Traffic Department. The primary responsibility of the position is the management of client services for both internal and external customers. Specifically in the area of radio operations as it applies to the support of the advertising sales structure and their customers.
- Manage the Traffic Department and foster viable team atmosphere by demonstrating ability to interact effectively with iHM organizations and management structures: Corporate and Revenue Management teams, CTO Markets and Partners
- Collaborates well with various roles within the organization, internally and externally, via effective communication.
- Timely response to requests of CTO leadership, Corporate, Revenue Management and Market leadership teams.
- Supports culture of accountability and follow-through.
- Involve all in the metrics, at least quarterly, via the BTQ method (Before the Quarter is 30 days prior to upcoming quarter).
- Identify TMs or market practices that need to be developed to improve performance, revenue, inventory and, ultimately, morale.
- Displays strong organizational and time management skills.
- Exhibits a transparent, positive attitude, in a cooperative and professional manner.
- Demonstrates a high degree of flexibility with the ability to work in constantly-changing environments.
- A creative problem-solver with ability to listen and discern customized solutions to meet market/station needs.
- Adheres to guidelines regarding attendance and punctuality, providing timely communication to CTO leadership for absences.
- To improve efficiencies and budget expenses, secures the best path to complete task, while being mindful of cost.
- Handles all Traffic aspects of assigned station(s) including Inventory Management and communication
- Maintain Reporting Expectations
- Be prepared to contribute to and execute fulfillment of written action plans, which have been approved by DCTO and VP/CTO, for market and CTO leadership.
- Review and update various CTO reports to manage budget, payroll/overtime and staffing issues.
- Provide timely expense report submissions.
- Review and maintain WorkDay information on all CTO staff for accuracy, including titles, locations, use of timesheet codes, etc.
- If an hourly employee, accurately reports time needed to complete CTO and non-CTO tasks, via approved Clock-in/Clock-Out method, seeking pre-authorization for any/all overtime required to complete job, including use of reason codes for OT
- Deploys commercial advertising
- Handles all Traffic aspects of assigned station(s) including Inventory communication with Sales Leadership for Seattle stations.
- Produces daily commercial logs by obtaining information, importing orders, and capturing commercial advertising schedules
- Enters commercial advertising schedules and maintains database by reviewing and resolving error reports with the ultimate goal of optimizing revenue
- Interfaces with Sales Management regarding inventory issues. Collaborates with management, Account Executives and Sales Support to ensure commercial spots are executed in accordance with contract provisions.
- Monitors changes and resolves Traffic department discrepancies
- May require flexibility in work schedules.
- May back up other Traffic Managers when sick or on vacation.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite
- Familiarity with Sales Force/Viero systems a plus
- Familiarity with Tableau a plus
- Ability to learn new systems quickly
- Excellent time management; ability to plan and organize, set priorities and multi task in a fast-paced environment
- Strong attention to detail, and high work standards
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated analytical skills
- Ability to work independently and with a team
- Prefer 5-10 years’ experience in Traffic
- Traffic Leadership experience
- High school diploma or equivalent
- None required
LocationMemphis, TN: 2650 Thousand Oaks Boulevard, Suite 4100, 38118
Position Type Regular
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and will not tolerate discrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected classification or status.
Our organization participates in E-Verify. Click here to learn about E-Verify.
Current employees and contingent workers click here to apply and search by the Job Posting Title