Daily Archives: December 21, 2018
Media – Journalism – Newspaper
Current employees and contingent workers click here to apply and search by the Job Posting Title.
Identifies and develops new business opportunities; keeps and grows existing client relationships; offers solutions that help clients achieve their business goals; closes business; meets set sales target.
• Identifies and solicits new business; builds and maintains a full pipeline of sales prospects.
• Services and grows relationships in existing base of clients.
• Identifies client/agency needs and develops persuasive proposals to meet needs and opportunities.
• Delivers effective sales presentations.
• Steers clients based on market, platform and station information.
• Maintains client communication and ensures client satisfaction.
• Monitors competition to continually find new account leads.
• Negotiates rates based on iHeartMedia’s budgets.
• Works collaboratively with internal partners to drive revenue.
• Ensures prompt payments.
• Follows all station procedures for preparing orders, resolving billing issues, submitting regular reports regarding sales, pipeline lists, forecasts and competitive analysis.
• Creates effective marketing campaigns in cooperation with iHeartMedia resources.
• Generates revenue and meets/exceeds established sales targets.
• Candidate must drive their own vehicle with a valid driver’s license and state-mandated auto insurance
• Proficient in Microsoft Office suite and social networking platforms
• Adept at prospecting and using effective consultative selling principles and practices
• Strong client service relationship-building skills
• Ability to plan and organize, set priorities and multi task in a fast-paced environment
• Negotiation and closing proficiency
• Persuasive communication skills: verbal, written and presentation
• Independent; self-motivated; competitive; assertive
• Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
• Understanding of market dynamics including demographics
• Stress tolerance especially with tight deadlines and financial pressures
• Flexibility and creativity
• Professional appearance
• Strong interpersonal skills
• 2+ years in media/advertising sales is preferred, but not required
• SalesForce experience is a plus
• High school diploma, college degree preferred
• None required
Memphis, TN: 2650 Thousand Oaks Boulevard, Suite 4100, 38118
Digital Content Producer/Evening Assignment Editor for WATN-WLMT, the ABC/CW affiliate in Memphis, TN ( JOBS4TN .gov Job order number 733845 )
WATN-WLMT, the ABC/CW affiliate in Memphis, TN, is seeking a seasoned journalist and news leader for our evening digital content producer/assignment editor position.
Digital duties are the main focus of this position. Chief responsibilities include proofreading and posting reporters’ scripts and video to the news department’s website, as well as writing original, digital-only content. Candidate also responsible for maintaining station’s social media accounts, and sending timely, well-written push alerts.
Assignment editor duties include monitoring and dispatching crews to breaking and developing stories. Candidate will be required to develop and maintain strong news source contacts.