Job Title: Lethality Assessment Program (LAP) Advocate
Reports To: Emergency Housing Manager
Positions Supervised: None
Family Safety Center of Memphis and Shelby County, Inc. is a non-profit organization located in Memphis, TN, whose purpose is to effectively combine civil, criminal, health and social services in order to help victims of family violence. We are seeking a Lethality Assessment Program Advocate who is highly motivated and organized to be part of a team of organizations and partners that are involved in the Connecting Victims of Family Violence to Supportive Services program. This position requires teamwork and flexibility within the work environment to meet client needs. This position will report to the Emergency Housing Manager and will be an integral part of the growth of the organization. This is a grant funded position.
Job Summary: Provides client centered services to connect individuals and families exposed and impacted by family violence to needed resources and services. Responds to hotline calls during assigned hours. Provides consultation, case management, and information, completes administrative records, performs client follow-up and referrals, performs supportive services consistent with the applicable regulations, assists with and participates in professional development activities and client community outreach. Assists clients in accessing services from on-site partners that accommodate the individual needs of the client
After Hours On-call Duties:
* Responds to crisis calls from law enforcement including nights, weekends and holidays.
* Provides crisis intervention, supportive services and referral services in a trauma informed manner for all calls received from the Lap line.
* Performs assessments for the emergency domestic violence shelter program.
* For eligible clients, secures placement and arranges for the safe transport of the client to the shelter if requested by client.
* Provides documents the next business day to Housing Manager for all accepted clients.
* Contacts the Housing Manager and refers individual to meet with Family Safety Center Navigator to access services the next business day.
* Provides follow-up with client to identify any additional service needs and/or barriers to accessing services.
Other duties as assigned.
Skills and Abilities
* Working knowledge of domestic violence dynamics and its impact on children and families.
* Knowledge of community resources.
* Good customer service and relationship skills.
* Sensitivity to cultural/ethnic differences.
* Ability to work as part of a team.
* Able to multi-task and function effectively under pressure.
* Ability to communicate with a wide range of families from different cultural backgrounds.
* Demonstrated computer experience with word processing or varied software required.
Education and Experience
* Requires associate degree in social work or other relevant education and/or training.
* Requires two years work experience working with individuals impacted by trauma.
* Requires experience in providing direct service, advocacy, or support for victims of trauma.
Family Safety Center Mission
Our mission is to provide one location that effectively combines civil, criminal, health and social services for victims of family violence.
Family Safety Center Vision
Our vision is a thriving community that embodies a spirit of compassion, collaboration and progressive change that values mutual respect, safety and serenity for all residents.
Family Safety Center Values
Honesty, Openness and Accountability Flexibility
Quality Collaborative Inclusive Teamwork
Dignity, Respect, Trust and Fairness Persistence, Resilience and Dedication
Diversity and Equality Hope, Healing, Safety and Justice
Interested applicants: Please send cover letter and resume with salary history to: email@example.com
Application deadline: January 28, 2019