SENTRYNET JOB DESCRIPTION
Job Title: Customer Monitoring Specialist (MN0240)
Business Unit: SentryNet/SLS
Supervisor: Central Station Manager
Schedule/Shift: Variable (1st, 2nd and 3rd shifts)
Under the direction of the Central Station Manager, The Customer Monitoring Specialist
(Operator) reads and interprets coded, audible and visible signals received on alarm signal
board from the subscriber/customer premises. Such signals can include, but are not limited to
the opening and closing of protected premises, unlawful intrusions, or fire, etc. The CM
Specialist responds in a timely and professional manner; demonstrating clear voice tone and
telephone etiquette consistent with company policies and procedures. The CM Specialist
performs duties in accordance with SentryNet-Stanley established Core Values and Mission
1) Interprets coded audible or visible signals received on alarm signal board from
subscriber’s premises that indicate opening and closing of protected premises, unlawful
intrusions, or fire, etc.
2) Dispatches to the proper public safety agency when necessary after receiving an alarm.
3) Insures that complete and accurate information is entered in the console log as well as
on dispatch and Incident Reports.
4) Answers the phone promptly and courteously by limiting the response to three rings
and assisting the customer immediately with any help they may require.
5) Maintains the operator log with all the necessary information that occurs during the
6) Ability to operate multi-line telephones, headsets and other equipment as needed.
7) Ability to achieve targeted performance goal of 1000 or more calls per week.
8) Ability to meet performance ring goal of 10 seconds or less.
9) Additional job duties assigned by the Central Station Manager.
1) Ability to sit for extended periods.
2) Walking, Standing, Stooping and Bending.
3) Manual Finger Dexterity for computer keyboards.
1) Office/Monitoring Environment
2) Variations of Temperature
1) Ability to effectively relate to other personalities and cultural backgrounds
2) Ability to work incorporate a team based approach
3) Ability to effectively communicate with Customers, Supervisors and Peers.
4) Ability to work well with others.
5) Must demonstrate a professional demeanor.
6) Must demonstrate professional and courteous telephone etiquette.
7) Ability to professionally interact with Internal and External Customers
8) Demonstrates effective written and oral communication skills
9) Ability to maintain positive approach under pressure
10) Ability to exercise good judgment
11) Dependability and punctuality a must.
1) Candidates must have a High School diploma or GED (required).
2) Basic Computer Skills and Typing proficiency
3) Previous Customer Service or Dispatching Experience.
4) Excellent Verbal and Written Communication Skills.
5) Pleasant telephone etiquette and speaking tone.
6) Must be available to work weekends, holidays, and overtime as needed.
7) Must adhere to the Attendance Policy and Report punctually for scheduled shift.
8) Must have stable Employment History.
9) Must be able to sit, bend and/or stand for extended periods.
10) Must have reliable transportation.
11) Must be able to pass Criminal Background Check and Pre-Employment Drug Screen.
|Email Resume to HR Department at the email addresses below:
Samantha Dowdy, HR Manager Samantha.Dowdy@sbdinc.com
Casandra Quarrells, HR Assistant