Current open positions for the Bass Pro Shops at the Pyramid and the attached the job descriptions for the management positions that currently are available.
Apply either directly online at www.JOBS4TN.gov website. Job order numbers: Restaurant Mgr. #746920, Asst Front Office Mgr. #746922 and Promotions Mgr. # 746926.
JOB DESCRIPTION: ASST. FRONT OFFICE MANAGER
The Front Office Assistant Manager helps support the manager in all aspects of the department including but not limited to operations, planning, budgeting, staffing, and payroll in accordance with Big Cedar Lodge policies and procedures. The Front Office Assistant Manager helps provides leadership and support to all members of the Front Office Team, including Front Desk, Guest Services, & Transportation. This assistant management position is also responsible for helping with the development and training of associates.
- o Support management and help monitor activities of all employees in the Front Office department to ensure they adhere to the standards of the associate handbook, hotel policies and procedures, coaching, training and correcting where needed.
- o Maintain a professional and high-quality service oriented environment at all times, specializing in Genuine Ozarks Hospitality.
- o Act as high-level assistant manager for the hotel, dealing with complaints, problem-solving, disturbances, special requests and any other issues that may arise.
- o Inform all Front Office staff of daily activities, group and VIP arrivals, as well as special requests and repeat guests. Check accommodations, making sure any special requests are carried out accordingly, greet guests upon arrival and ensure escort to accommodations, if appropriate.
- o Undertake full responsibility for Scheduling and Payroll of the department.
- o Undertake full responsibility for managing operating expenses and purchasing for the department
- o Assist in creating Front Office Budget, monitor P&L and cash handling throughout the year. Supervise up-sell program at the Front Office to help maximize revenue for the resort.
- o Work closely with all other departments to improve guest services and foster cross-departmental communication, including Housekeeping, Engineering, F&B, Safety and Security, and Operations.
- o Assist in holding regular department meetings keeping staff informed of all activities in the hotel,
- o Reinforce standards of professionalism, and promoting a strong team atmosphere and culture.
- o Maintain availability to assume additional responsibilities, as needs of the resort dictate.
Education and Experience
- o High school diploma or GED; 2 years’ experience in the human resources, management operations, or related professional area.
- o 4 year degree in a related field preferred
- o Previous Front Office experience in supervisory/management capacity in a luxury property preferred. Previous customer service and general computer experience required. Property Management Software experience preferred.
Skills and Knowledge
- o – Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
- o Basic Computer Skills – Using basic computer hardware and software (e.g., personal computers, word processing software, Internet browsers, etc.).
- o Reading Comprehension – Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- o Oral Comprehension – The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- o Personnel and Human Resources – Knowledge of principles and procedures for personnel recruitment, selection, training and development, compensation and benefits, labor relations and negotiation, and personnel information systems.
- o Law and Government – Knowledge of laws, legal codes, court procedures, precedents, government regulations, executive orders, agency rules that apply to job (e.g., OSHA, EPA, ADA, CFC, NFPA, ASI).
- o – Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files and records, stenography and transcription, designing forms, and other office procedures and terminology.
- o Analytical/Critical Thinking – The ability to gather and organize information using a logical and systematic process; recognize patterns and relationships in complex data; examine data to identify implications, problems and draw appropriate conclusions; generate alternative solutions to problems; evaluate strengths, weaknesses and consequences of alternative solutions and approaches to solving problems.
- o Education and Training – Knowledge of principles and methods for curriculum and training design, teaching and instruction for individuals and groups, and the measurement of training effects.
- o Customer and Personal Service – Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- o Number Facility – The ability to add, subtract, multiply, or divide quickly and correctly.
- o – The ability to come up with unusual or clever ideas about products, services or situations, or to develop creative ways to solve a problem.
- Management Competencies – Ability to effectively adjust to major changes in work tasks or the work environment.
- o Aligning Performance for Success – Skilled at focusing and guiding others in accomplishing work objectives.
- o Building a Successful Team – Skilled at building a cohesive team and facilitating goal accomplishment.
- o Building Trust – Ability to interact with others in an honest, fair and respectful way; giving others confidence in one’s intentions and those of the organization.
- o – Skilled at clearly conveying information and ideas through a variety of media; engaging the audience and helping them understand and retain the message.
- o Customer Focus – Ability to develop and sustain productive customer relationships; actively seeking information to understand and address customers’ needs.
- o High Work Standards – Sets high standards of performance for self and others; assumes responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks.
- o Planning and Organizing – Skilled at establishing courses of action for self and others to ensure work is completed efficiently.
- Problem Solving / Decision Making – Ability to identify and understand issues, problems, and opportunities; using effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing solutions