Current open positions for the Bass Pro Shops at the Pyramid and the attached the job descriptions for the management positions that currently are available.
Apply either directly online at www.JOBS4TN.gov website. Job order numbers: Restaurant Mgr. #746920, Asst Front Office Mgr. #746922 and Promotions Mgr. # 746926.
Any questions, please feel free to contact Stan Burton @ 901-543-7542 @ the American Job Center.
JOB DESCRIPTION: PROMOTIONS MANAGER
POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
- o Supports a strong commitment to world class customer service and ensures a pleasant and productive shopping experience for all customers.
- o Plans and executes major Promotional events
- o Creates traffic-driving events and collaborates with basecamp to assure the appropriate execution of company-wide Marketing initiatives.
- o Develops and maintain “in-house” outdoor skills workshop program.
- o Fosters goodwill for the BPS “Brand” in the local community by developing relationships with appropriate city/county leaders, appropriate non-profit organizations and other influential business leaders.
- o Develops and maintains strong relationships with local chapters of conservation organizations and affinity groups.
- o Coordinates external and internal Public Relations activities including serving as a spokesperson or representative when appropriate.
- o Coordinates with Base Camp (Bass Pro Shops national headquarters) communications, marketing, hospitality and restaurant teams to plan and execute an outreach strategy for Bass Pro Shops at the Pyramid, positioning the experience as a “must-see” destination to key local, regional and national audiences.
- o Assures advertising/promotional exposure within Basecamp and store budgets by submitting timely information for tabs, website pages, signage, ROP, etc. and by managing associated functions for the store (i.e., assuring timely and proper sign placement).
- o Plans and attends outdoor shows in local market.
- o Knowledgeable of advertised sales.
- o Keeps work area clean, neat and safe at all times.
- o Follows all Company Policies and Procedures.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
Education and/or Experience
- o Conservation and outdoor experience/appreciation desired.
- o Degree in Conservation, Marketing or Communications or comparable working experience
- o Public speaking ability is required
- o Superior writing skills are required
- o Must be creative with high energy, enthusiasm and professional presence
- o Flexible schedule is required including nights, weekends and after hours involvement
- o Good planning and organizational skills
- o Ability to function in a Microsoft Office environment, especially Word, Excel, scheduling and data entry
- o Willingness to work closely with store management, departmental associates, basecamp associates, and conservation/affinity groups.
- o Other duties, assignments, and responsibilities as needed.