Emergency Shelter Manager
Job Title: Emergency Shelter Manager
Reports To: Director of Program Operations
Positions Supervised: After Hours Advocates
Status: Permanent Full-Time
Hours: 8:00a.m. to 4:30p.m. Monday –Friday
Flexibility required as needed for after-hours services
The Family Safety Center of Memphis and Shelby County, Inc. is a non-profit organization located in Memphis, TN, whose purpose is to effectively combine civil, criminal, health and social services in order to help victims of family violence. We are seeking a Client Services Manager who is highly motivated and organized to be part of a team of organizations and partners that are involved in the Emergency Sheltering for Victims of Domestic Violence program. This position requires teamwork and flexibility within the work environment to meet client needs. This position will report to the Director of Program Operations and will be an integral part of the growth of the organization. This is a grant funded position.
Job Summary: Responsible for evaluating emergency housing clients’ needs and assisting them in accessing housing services in conjunction and collaboration with Family Safety Center partners. Supervises After Hours Advocates and maintains and monitors hotline services to ensure seamless connections to support services within the inter-disciplinary team. Provides or arranges for the provision of supportive services to emergency housing clients. Prepares and administers records, reports, documents pertaining to each case and the hotline. Participates in professional development activities and client and community outreach. This is a grant funded position.
Assess community need to develop, maintain and monitor hotline and after-hours advocacy services.
- Evaluates information for clients and their families, assuring that the delivery of hotline services is client centered and seamless.
- Identifies service needs and ensures hotline and advocates have the necessary resources to assist clients.
- Evaluates social service care plans and provides monitoring and follow-up.
- Activates emergency and/or safety interventions when needed.
- Ensures that clients connect to appropriate supportive services in coordination with FSC Navigators.
- Consults and collaborates with community agencies and professionals, cultivating and maintaining relationships.
- Serves as an advocate and liaison with the community for the hotline.
- Works with and refers clients to Coordinated Community Response (CCR) partners for housing.
- Provides assessments and services on-site at the Family Safety Center as well as at the safe emergency housing locations.
Staff and Program Development and Management.
- Supervises, trains and evaluates hotline staff.
- Trains hotline staff and supervises assessments of clients’ needs, danger assessments, and safety planning.
- Trains and supervises hotline staff in crisis intervention theory and methods.
- Implements and oversees hotline staff development and training related to emergency client services and organizational policies and procedures.
- Assists in identifying hotline goals, objectives and outcomes and ensures that they are met.
- Assists in achieving the overall goals and objectives for the hotline and the organization.
- Develops and implements processes for evaluating and measuring hotline outcomes, impact and efficacy.
- Prepares periodic program reports as needed or required.
Provides consultation and therapeutic interventions.
- Develops individual treatment plans and prepares, completes and maintains client records.
- Assists with self-sufficiency plans, provides support and monitors effectiveness of casework plan.
- Documents all contacts as required by regulations, policies and procedures.
- Prepares reports as required.
- Prepares court documents and reports and may testify in court hearings.
Completes all administrative records pertaining to hotline, advocates, clients and caseload assignments.
- Establishes and maintains client records and complies with all requirements related to documentation of services rendered.
- Prepares and submits proper summaries and reports to other agencies and professionals promptly and in accordance with confidentiality protocols.
Assists with and participates in professional development activities and client and community outreach.
- Actively participates in all CCR meetings and trainings when needed.
- Reviews organizational policies and protocols to promote coordination of services with CCR partners.
- Assists with the organization, preparation and provision of professional development activities for the organization and other professionals.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of the practices, principles and dynamics of domestic violence treatment and case management.
- Knowledge of the laws and services/programs relating to domestic violence services.
- Knowledge of clinical interventions with clients who have experienced trauma.
- Strong leadership and supervisory skills.
- Ability to communicate with a wide range of clients and families from different cultural backgrounds.
- Knowledge of community resources.
- Skill in writing clear and accurate correspondence, records, care plans, reports and statistical data.
- Skill in interviewing and listening techniques.
- Ability to relate to domestic violence victims and respond to their needs.
- Demonstrated computer experience with word processing or varied software required.
- Education and Experience
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in social work or similar discipline from an accredited program. Master’s preferred.
- Two years full time relevant experience after acquiring degree.
- Two years experience working in the field of domestic violence, which includes working with victims.
- Two years of supervisory experience.
- Experience in developing and implementing housing programs preferred.
Family Safety Center Mission
Our mission is to provide one location that effectively combines civil, criminal, health and social services for victims of family violence.
Family Safety Center Vision
Our vision is a thriving community that embodies a spirit of compassion, collaboration and progressive change that values mutual respect, safety and serenity for all residents.
Family Safety Center Values
Honesty, Openness and Accountability Flexibility
Quality Collaborative Inclusive Teamwork
Dignity, Respect, Trust and Fairness Persistence, Resilience and Dedication
Diversity and Equality Hope, Healing, Safety and Justice
Interested applicants: Send cover letter and resume with salary history to: email@example.com
Application deadline: March 10, 2019