Daily Archives: April 17, 2019
Executive Director, Statewide Independent Living Council of Tennessee, Inc
The Statewide Independent Living Council (SILC) of Tennessee is announcing a vacancy for an Executive Director to provide administrative leadership for the organization.
The SILC Executive Director reports to the Statewide Independent Living Executive Council and is responsible for all aspects of the program as authorized by the SILC. This includes administrative responsibly ranging from policy and procedure formation and implementation; review and analysis of legislation as it pertains to Independent Living programs; billing and budget balancing; approving expenditures of grant monies; and recruiting and supporting leadership development of the SILC board and committee members. Salary is based on experience. To be eligible to apply for this position an applicant must:
· Possess strength in strategic thinking, program and finance administration, knowledge and understanding of Persons with Disabilities, ADA, and the Independent Living philosophy.
· Have the ability to forge strong relationships with council members, the public and community partners, and to facilitate board meetings.
· Possess a Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
· Be able to foster teamwork and progress toward a stated vision
· Have exceptional writing and verbal skills, knowledge of Microsoft office, QuickBooks, and Social Media
· Be able to travel statewide (TN)
· Possess a strong emotional intelligence that aids in effective problem solving and the ability to manage multiple priorities
The Statewide Independent Living Council of Tennessee, Inc is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on race, sex, gender identity, religion, color, creed, pregnancy, national or ethic origin, age, disability, military services and its policies, employment, programs, services or activities.
People with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Deadline: April 26, 2019 Send resumes to: Info@SILCTN.org or SILCChair@silctn.org
Career Opportunity: Maintenance Mechanic : Continuous Internal/External Posting (04.16.19 – 04.23.19)
Event at Hickory Hill American Job Center: Staff Management Wednesday, April 24, 2019 10:00 am to 12:00 pm
Event at Hickory Hill American Job Center: Provide Staff Tuesday, April 30, 2019 9:00 am to 12:00 pm