Daily Archives: May 23, 2019
The Area Facility Maintenance Manager is responsible for ensuring that all aspects of facility management for Memphis and Southaven area DC’s are completed timely and in a cost effective manner, while maintaining a positive and safe work environment. Accountability includes but are not limited to achieving objectives for cost, overseeing maintenance schedules including the preventative maintenance schedules, general repairs,, other contracted services and maintaining daily work orders. Duties also include documenting operational procedures and establishing standards for productivity, while utilizing operational and management skills to develop the maintenance team.
· Creates a positive environment that promotes continuous improvement and collaborative effort.
· Establish clear direction, which leads to effective teamwork.
· Provide timely feedback to team and senior management to ensure the buildings operate within an established budget.
· Interact effectively with clients, employees and senior management.
· Ensures awareness of goals and shares results with team members.
· Maintain a cost effective inventory supply of spare parts and materials for the all building systems and equipment.
· Plan, direct and implement operations to support productivity and service related goals
· Coach and mentor non-exempt associates, conduct performance evaluations and ensure adherence to policy and procedures.
· Inspects buildings and other structures to determine functional systems and detect malfunctions and needed repairs, making notes and recommendations.
· Oversee minor electrical maintenance to include but not limited to replacement or repair of fixtures (e.g. wall switches and outlets, incandescent and fluorescent bulbs and tubes, ballast, sockets, fuses, minor appliances, cords, etc.) using appropriate hand, power and specialty tools.
· Manager minor plumbing maintenance (e.g., replacement or repair of leak in drains and faucets, unclogging of drains, trenching and laying new lines, replacing drain hoses on washers and similar devices, etc.).
· Direct minor painting, carpentry and masonry work (e.g. preparing surfaces and using brush, sprayer, or roller to apply paints, stains, and varnishes, hanging doors, fitting locks and handles, etc.).