Daily Archives: June 6, 2019
Ground/Maintenance Worker-Wash Plant
Memphis Stone & Gravel Company is a family owned and operated aggregate supplier to Memphis and the Mid-South. In business since 1910, Memphis Stone & Gravel Company has earned a reputation for supplying outstanding construction materials to the markets it serves. Anchoring our company’s efforts are the core values of stewardship, humility, continuous improvement and relationships. We have continued to protect lands we mine all the while restoring resources to productive and beautiful uses after mining.
Our products include high quality fine and coarse aggregate for ready-mixed concrete and asphalt concrete. We process a variety of sand products, road base materials, shoulder gravel, clay gravel, landscape rock, drainage rock and pea gravel.
Memphis Stone & Gravel Company – Managing Earth’s Resources for Over 100 Years.
CURRENT OPPORTUNITY: GROUND/MAINTENANCE PERSON FOR WASH PLANT
Maintain aggregate conveyor line as instructed, perform wash plant and field maintenance and complete miscellaneous assigned duties.
- Keep conveyor lines and work areas clean and ensure proper care and use of hand and power tools.
- Must work in safe, professional manner, following company policies and MSHA regulations always. Wearing of personal protective equipment is always required.
- Perform regular maintenance on wash plant and field operations equipment, including climbing ladders and working at heights up to 100 feet as well as lifting objects up to 50 lbs.
- Must be willing to accept training on equipment operation, welding and assisting with repair of mobile equipment, etc.
- Complete responsibilities in a heavy industrial environment, exposed to all weather elements as well as high noise levels.
- Must promote continuous improvement of workplace safety and have good recognition skills of potential hazards.
- Possess a valid driver’s license with acceptable driving record, a social security card or birth certificate, and be at least 18 years of age.
- Must pass a “fit-for-duty” physical exam and drug screen.
- Must have dependable transportation to work.
- Must be punctual and dependable, good manager of time and willingness to work overtime.
- Must have good problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Show ability and willingness to work in a team environment.
- Have the ability to understand and follow both verbal and written instructions, as well as the ability to communicate verbally and in writing about pertinent issues to management.
- Familiarity with Heavy Construction Equipment.