June 11, 2019
Responsible for financial reporting and analysis and ensuring financial activity is accurate. To support the CFO and Accounting Manager in carrying out the responsibilities of the Finance I Accounting Department.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
The statements contained here reflect general details as necessary to describe the principal functions of this job, the level of knowledge and skill typically required and the scope of responsibility, but should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned including work in other functional areas to cover absences or relief, to equalize peak work periods or otherwise balance the workload. The position description is in compliance with American with Disabilities Act.
- Prepares consolidated internal and external financial statements by gathering and analyzing information from the general ledger system and from departments
- Track and monitor the obligation and expenditure of funds by grant number, contract number, account number and line item number, if applicable
- Prepares payments by accruing expenses; assigning account numbers; requesting disbursements; reconciling
- Ensure grant funds are drawn timely on the proper accounts
- Ensure Performance and Evaluation (P&E) reports and related grant reports are reconciled with the PHA’s LOCCS system and General Ledger reports
- Develop, maintain, and monitor budgets and budgetary controls
- Recommend and prepare necessary budget revisions and support documentation to submit for HUD approval
- Prepare and present monthly financial reports in the timeframe established by the Agency
- Prepare, process and submit all HUD required reports in the established timeframe, including, but not limited to: 5 Year Capital Plan Updates and Annual Statements, Annual P&E Reports, Budget Revisions, Quarterly Reports and Final Financial Reports
- Prepare and maintain all records and documentation regarding the financial management for all grants including loan activity
- Develop, track and maintain database for funds received from, but not limited to, Program Income, City of Memphis, Housing Community Development Division, Partners,
- Ensure the integrity of financial statements by reviewing, reconciling, and monitoring financial transactions
- Identify deficiencies accurately and in a timely manner, and recommends and/or implements effective solutions with proper documentation of analysis and results
- Assist with financial activity closeouts and financial audits
- Develops and implements accounting procedures by analyzing current procedures; recommending changes.
- Coordinate and conduct in-services for staff and clients
- Conduct performance update meetings with managers and consultants
- Accomplishes accounting and organization mission by completing related results as