Purpose: To provide safe, secure, and nurturing care in a clean environment to children while at Idlewild Presbyterian Church.
Required hours: Sunday morning from 8:15 a.m. to approximately 12:15 p.m.
*Optional opportunities for childcare needs outside of Sunday mornings.
Responsibilities and/or duties:
Responsible for providing age-appropriate care which includes: feeding, changing diapers,escorting to the bathroom, maintaining a safe environment, putting children down for naps, holding, or sitting with and cheerfully interacting with children through games, stories, play and prayer.
Make sure all children get signed in and out by a parent or guardian.
Communicate effectively and harmoniously with children, parents, and volunteers.
Arrive 15 minutes prior to the early morning service. You are expected to work all scheduled Sundays even if it falls on a holiday. You will have the option to work other church events, i.e. Easter, Christmas,etc. The opportunity for extra work will be announced at least 2 weeks prior to the event.
Stay until the children are secured with a responsible adult named on the child’s registration form.
In the event of an emergency, we will notify the parent or designated guardian via phone.
Straighten the room and clean any toys/beds before leaving.
Employee will report any issues which are hindering them from carrying out their duties or responsibilities to the Director of Children’s Ministry.
Communicate in advance by phone to the Director of Children’s Ministry 1) any planned absences with an advance two week notice, or 2) any unplanned absences at least two hours prior to the shift.
● High school diploma or equivalent.
● Experience in childcare or early childhood development.
● Employee will care for children between the ages of newborn through 5 years with the ability to adapt and interact with a variety of personalities.
● At least 18 years of age.
● Satisfactory completion of background check.
● Must adhere to Idlewild Presbyterian Church Child Protection Policy Guidelines.
● Physical activity to include: frequently standing, walking and sitting. Employee must be able to regularly lift up to 40 pounds for diaper changes or emergency situations.
● Three references are required.
NOTE: Dependability is essential. Tardiness and excessive absences will result in probation and/or termination of employment.
How to apply:
Interested applicants are to submit their resume, three references, and brief answers to the following questions to Marjorie Reynolds, Idlewild’s Director of Children’s Ministry, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Questions: 1. Please speak to your experience of working with children. 2. What is most appealing to you about the position of working in Idlewild’s nursery? 3. Why do you think you would be a good fit for this position? 4. Do you have any hesitations about the position? Any questions?