Daily Archives: August 7, 2019
Dryer Operator #804828
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF POSITION: The soap dryer is responsible for set up of dryer equipment and operation in a production environment. This position includes multiple tasks that require GMP practices and timely delivery to customers. The individual must be able to communicate production status, communicate problems to proper personnel, and understand how it affects other aspects of the operation. This position requires proper documentation of material usage and down time.
SPECIFIC FUNCTIONS OF POSITION:
- Operates soap spray dryer in timely and efficient manner. Completes assigned batches in allotted time.
- Willing to helps in other areas of plant when available.
- Must be motivated to learn how to operate all soap dryers on site and advance within organization to new positions.
- Retrieves supplies as indicated on the formula, ensuring only QC approved ingredients are used.
- Follow good manufacturing guidelines.
- Reviews batch sheet and completes batch sheet.
- Monitor equipment and observe production throughout the batch process.
- Safely operate forklift and pallet jacks to gather raw materials
- Takes ownership and notifies warehouse / supervisor of problems.
- Uses equipment that is in proper working condition and performs routine maintenance on equipment as required.
- Clean, sanitize and inspect tools, pumps, tanks, pipelines and other equipment
- Completes end-of-day procedures including restocking raw materials, housekeeping and controlling and documenting waste.
- Maintains clean and safe work area, and adheres to safety regulations and procedures, understanding the hazards of handling the various chemicals.
- Perform other work-related duties as assigned.
- Observe all safety rules and procedures while performing duties.
- High School or equivalency preferred (reading, writing, math); Basic math and ability to measure Ability to read and understand documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and standard operating procedures.
- Ability to diagnose and solve problems to meet deadlines.
- Ability to handle heavy materials, lifting up to 45 lbs. including drums
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Ability to work proactively and support other personnel and departments; work effectively as a team.
- Ability to communicate effectively with co-workers and management. English is primary language.
- Good attendance and punctuality required.
- Walking, standing, bending up to 12 hours.
- Prior experience in a similar job highly desirable
- Prior manufacturing experience preferred.
- Complete Insurance coverage Medical, Dental, Vision, Company paid Life, STD, & LTD
- Safe Harbor 401(k) plan with company match
- Quarterly Bonus Program
- Paid Vacation, Flex days, and Holidays
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Manufacturing environment with exposure to chemicals and fragrances. Sufficient respiratory capacity to tolerate protracted use of artificial breathing apparatus. Requires walking, standing, bending up to 12 hours. Lifting up to 45 lbs.
The Baptiste Group TBG in the Memphis area. Positions : Maintenance Workers and Supervisor and Janitorial Workers and Supervisor