Article featured at www.Time.com
Category Archives: Blogroll
Randstad is a Drug Free Employer
Equal Opportunity Employer
FORKLIFT OPERATORS NEEDED
SOUTHEAST DISTRIBUTION CENTERS
1ST, 2ND, & 3RD Shifts Available
register at: www.randstadstaffing.com
Apply to: Forklift Operator – Temp to Perm
For Interview Contact: Kimberly Thomas – (901) 794-4411
5518 Park Ave., Suite 240, Memphis, TN 38117
- Operate Forklifts
- Must be able to use an RF Scanner
- Must be able to walk/stand 8 to 10 hours per day
- Must be able to lift up to 40 pounds
Ideal Candidate Must:
- Operate Reach Truck and Order Picker or Cherry Picker Forklifts
- Work assigned duties off the forklifts
- Have at least 6 months operating experience
- Be Forklift certified
- Be flexible to work overtime as needed
- Have proof of education (H.S. Diploma or G.E.D. Equivalent)
- Successfully complete background and drug screening
- You must work full-time for a public service employer—a government agency or a non-profit organization. (Not all non-profits qualify.)
- You must have a qualifying loan and a qualifying repayment plan. (You can restructure both so they meet the requirements.)
- You must make 120 qualifying payments, all while meeting the points above.
|Job Posted: 3/10/2015 | Job RefID: JID1031524|
|JOB TITLE: Program Director
Applicants are requested to send a cover letter addressed to Leadership Memphis Senior Director, resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org the close of business on Friday April 3, 2015. No phone calls or other personal contact please.
REPORTS TO: Leadership Memphis Senior Director
TYPE OF POSITION: Full-Time
The Program Director is responsible for the advancement of Leadership Memphis mission through peak experiences for participants by providing thought-provoking content and teaching high-impact and action-oriented community leadership skills. This will include high level research, planning, implementation and evaluation of Leadership Memphis programs and program functions.
This position reports to the Senior Director of Operations.
The Program Director will produce and provide organizational supervision over annual program curriculum that advance a culture and create an ecosystem of community leadership, prepare and connect community leaders to drive collective impact, and foster and support diversity and equity in every aspect of our community. The Program Director will manage Leadership Memphis Core Programs that annually serves nearly 200 community leaders (Executive Program, FastTrack, and Grassroots). The Program Director will provide support for the American Leadership Forum (ALF) Criminal Justice Program.
The Program Director must provide direction, goal setting and oversight of staff: Program Coordinator and other future coordinator positions; program faculty, vendors: guest faculty site venues; and caterers, etc. The director is responsible for effectively recommending the recruitment, hiring, supervision and firing of aforementioned staff, guest faculty, vendors and volunteers. The Program Director is expected to maintain professional relationships and hold to the highest of academic standards everyone who is involved with the planning and delivery of all Leadership Memphis programs.
For Complete Job Description Click Here: Leadership Memphis – Program Director
JOB TITLE: Property Maintenance Technician
DEPARTMENT: Housing /Facilities
STATUS: Full time
REPORTS TO: Executive Director
SUMMARY: The Friends For Life Corporation Property Maintenance Technician will be responsible for safely maintaining the physical condition and daily appearance of all agency owned and/or operated by Friends For Life.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES include the following. Other duties may be assigned. Perform, with good workmanship, all assigned maintenance projects in a timely manner. Perform electrical repairs such as outlets, wall switches, and light fixtures, circuits, ceiling fixtures, and ceiling fans. Perform plumbing work, such as cleaning pipe clogs, replacing fittings, stopping leaks. Repairing or replacing toilets, hot water heaters, kitchen and bathroom faucets, and feed lines, P-traps, washers, seats and stems. Perform HVAC services such as cleaning condenser units, changing filters, repairing or replacing thermostats. Repair or replace as necessary, glass, tile, carpet, fixtures, blinds, locks, doorknobs, and hinges. Paint interior surfaces as directed. Perform carpentry work as directed. Make minor concrete and masonry repairs as directed. Responsibility for proper usage of maintenance material and stock control, reporting possibility of shortages to supervisor before depletion. Carry out preventative maintenance for all agency properties according to established PM schedules. (Monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and annual). Assist as requested with regular inspections, reporting all violations, discrepancies and damage, including those incurred in contract services, during scheduled building checks, apartment move outs and move-ins and regular work routine. Ensure that all maintenance has been performed to prevent failure of Habitability Standards inspections or other Code inspections. Perform minor refurbishment of all apartments prior to occupancy.
Complete service repairs requested by residents of apartments. Perform monthly plumbing inspections in all apartments. Maintain community grounds, common areas and parking lots of all FFL properties. Provide supervision to all outsourced contractors performing work on agency properties. Have working knowledge of all utility and alarm cutoffs and clean outs. Follow agency bidding protocol for work that has to be outsourced. Submit bids within 10 days of report. Keep accurate records on maintenance request forms noting date and time completed and any unusual incidents regarding maintenance requests. Submit on a daily basis completed maintenance request forms. Maintain and secure all general area supply rooms. Have proper insured transportation, available for carrying out requested work on a timely basis. Ensure compliance with standard safety programs and procedures. Insure that all agency facilities and properties are locked and secure to prevent loss of agency resources. Follow agency purchasing procedures. Must comply with all OSHA and agency safety policies at all times.
Click here for complete listing Friends For Life Property Maintenance Technician 2-2015 and application Friends for Life Employment Application .
The online applicant system will be open at 5:00 p.m. February 4, 2015.
All applicants must apply on-line at www.fritolayemployment.com.
DETAILER (Sales Support/Stocker)
- Under limited supervision, restocks products in customer locations during high volume and high traffic times on off days of Route Sales Representatives, pulling product from storage areas in ‘back of the store’.
- Ensures products are properly displayed and rotated. Clean and straighten shelves/racks, checking code dates, rotating product and removing unsaleables.
- Employee may assist in assembling and disassembling temporary mobile displays. Limited contact with store customers and clients.
- Decision making is moderate, which is governed by procedure while focused on daily operations.
- Analyzes situation accurately, taking effective action; following written and oral instructions; organize and coordinate work; communicating tactfully and effectively, working independently in absence of direct supervision; ability to work under narrow time constraints; while maintaining effective work relations with those encountered in the course of employment.
- Reliable transportation and driver’s license is required as well as proof of insurance coverage.
- Must be able to work weekends, holidays, evenings.
- Position is part time, 5-25 hours per week, days vary.
- This job requires working in all weather conditions, a background investigation for work history and criminal record check, and the ability to pass a drug test
- This job specification should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of the position. Employees will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as may be required by their supervisor.
- Ability to climb, push/pull, bend, stoop, and kneel for extended periods. Ability to see (depth perception, near acuity and far acuity), drive a vehicle, lifting 15 – 40 pounds.
- This position is classified as medium work. It involves frequent lifting, up to 15 pounds. On occasion, lifting of 40 pounds may be required. Position requires frequent reaching, pushing/pulling, and use of fingers.
Job Search Tips from the Pros – Source: disability.blog
By Guest Blogger Paula Reuben Vieillet, President and Founder of Employment Options Inc.
When it comes to job hunting, it is often best to consult the professionals. Job and career counselors are certified specialists in their field and know from experience, with their own clientele, what works best and what does not. They also know the nuances of different stages of the job hunt and different industries.
Not everyone can afford a career counselor or has access to free job placement services. Therefore, I asked my job counselors, who helped more than 400 people on Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) return to work last year, about their best suggestions for getting a job.
Every one of them began with “Preparation is the key to success!” So take these tips to bring out the best qualities you have to offer an employer!
Apply Online at http://www.unitedstationers.com/CareersOverview.aspx
|Post Date||Requisition Number||Title||Functional Area||Zip|
|11/18/2014||14-2360||Warehouse Associate 2 – 2nd Shift||Distribution/Warehouse Operations||38141|
|11/14/2014||14-2314||Warehouse Associate II – 6AM-2:30PM||Distribution/Warehouse Operations||38141|
|11/13/2014||14-2298||Team Lead, Warehouse – 2nd Shift||Distribution/Warehouse Operations||38141|
Madden Phillips Construction
URGENT ****IMMEDIATE HIRE AVAILABLE*****
- Heavy Equipment Operator – Must have 3-5 years Heavy Construction experience – Operating Trackhoe, Backhoe, with experience around overhead electric lines, working around underground utilities, and loading dump trucks.
- Pipe Foreman – Employee must have 3-5 years experience installing sewer/drainage/water pipes. Must have experience supervising 3-6 employees. Operating equipment a plus.
- Pipe Laborer – Employee must have some working knowledge of installation of sewer/drainage/water pipes. Concrete experience preferred.
Work Hours are Monday - Friday 7AM - 5-6 PM occasional Saturday. Weather/work load will designate exact work times. Pay is based on experience. Applications Accepted M-F 9 AM - 11 AM and 1 PM - 4 PM. Resumes/Qualifications may be emailed to MPC@MADDENPHILLIPS.COM Madden Phillips Construction is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities and Females are encouraged to apply. Madden Phillips uses the government program E-Verify to confirm eligibility after an employee is hired. All employees must pass these requirements in order to continue their employment with Madden Phillips Construction.