Category Archives: Community Events/Social Services
Take Back Your Life: Credit & Money Management Workshop
Tuesday, October 15, 2019 5:00 PM – 6:30 PM
Benjamin L. Hooks Central Library, Classroom L-56
Are you interested in budgeting, paying off debt, starting a savings plan, establishing or rebuilding your credit, but don’t know where to start? This is the workshop for you. Presenter Nicole McGaha, Counselor with Operation Hope, will discuss these topics and more.
Block Party for Peace http://www.blockpartyforpeace.com/Schedule_of_Events.html
Our Mission – The Mission of Work ~n~ Progress Career Fair is to motivate participants to learn and strive for career and educational path choices that will help them live more successful, productive and satisfying lives.
Work ~n~ Progress Career Fair is arguably Memphis’ fastest growing and largest workforce development, job and education fair. In its eighth year this event is poised to serve attendees of the Block Party for Peace with multiple career and education related offerings from primary, college enrollment and workforce development to employers accepting applications on site.
This three day event for families will include development activities, information and support designed to engage men and women in making informed career decisions as well as opportunities in employment and education. From resume’ writing to employment opportunities to your education needs, Work ~n~ Progress will create a distinctive experience for the attendees and their families, giving them the kind of practical information they can act on immediately to begin or continue to develop their professional lives.
Work ~n~ Progress will have something for everyone. The atmosphere will be fun, educational and motivational. The goal is to get information into the hands of everyone who has a role in shaping decisions regarding career, primary and continuing education and workforce development.
11:30 AM – 12:30 PM
Benjamin L. Hooks Central Library
Join Baptist Memorial Health Care at the Memphis Public Library for the Quarterly Healthy Living Speaker Series.
Baptist will partner with the American Heart Association to offer the Family & Friends CPR course.
“Family & Friends CPR is for people who want to learn CPR but do not need a CPR course completion card to meet a job requirement. This course is ideal for community groups, new parents, grandparents, babysitters, and others interested in learning how to save a life.”
This free 23-minute class could help save a life.
This program will take place 6/19/2019 in Meeting Room C at the Benjamin L. Hooks Central Library, 3030 Poplar Ave..
Light lunch is provided at 11:30 A.M. and the seminar will begin at 11:50 A.M.
For more information or to register, please call 901-227-3512.
- Acadian Ambulance–Tennessee
- Always Best Care Senior Services
- American Job Center – Greater Memphis Region
- Associated Builders & Contractors – West TN
- Back Yard Burgers
- Baptist Memorial Healthcare Corporation
- Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater Memphis
- Brock Services, LLC
- Career Academy, LLC
- City of Memphis
- City of Memphis AmeriCorps VISTA
- City of Memphis Public Safety Recruitment
- Cleveland Track Material
- CMI Healthcare Services
- COM – Manhood University & Women Offering Women Support (WOWS)
- COM – Office of Community Affairs – A Better Memphis
- Corky’s Food Manufacturing
- Durham School Services/Transportation
- Elvis Presley Enterprises
- Facilities Performance Group
- FCC Forrest City
- FedEx Express
- FedEx Freight
- FedEx Ground
- FedEx Ground Olive Branch
- FedEx Ground Smartpost
- FedEx Office
- FedEx Services
- FedEx Trade Networks
- GMACW/ Move-Hire
- iHeart Media
- Ingram Micro
- Job Corps/Alutiiq Commercial Enterprises, LLC
- Kele, Inc.
- LEDIC Realty Company
- Lees Logistics
- LeMoyne-Owen College – Admissions
- Levy Restaurants
- Lowe’s Home Improvement
- Memphis Area Transit Authority
- Memphis Grizzlies Foundation
- Memphis Mental Health Institute
- Memphis Public Libraries – Digital Literacy
- Memphis Public Libraries – LINC/2-1-1
- Mimeo.com, Inc.
- Moore Tech – Admissions
- National Guard Products, Inc.
- News America Marketing
- Nike Retail
- One & Only BBQ
- Opportunity Memphis Kiosk
- Phelps Security
- Renewal by Andersen
- Republic Services
- Resume Review and Mock Interviews
- Roadmaster Drivers School
- Security One Inc
- Shelby County Community Service Agency
- Shelby County Community Services
- Shelby County Crime Victims & Rape Crisis Center
- Shelby County Government
- Shelby County School Division of Nutrition Services
- Shelby County Sheriff
- Shelby Residential and Vocational Services, Inc.
- Sodexo at Lausanne
- Southwest TN Community College – Admissions
- State of TN; Labor and Workforce Development
- TCAT Memphis – Admissions
- Ticket to Work – Allied Professional Services
- U. S. Army Corps of Engineers, Memphis District
- U.S. Army
- U.S. Army National Guard
- Unistar-Sparco Computers, Inc
- United Elevator Services, LLC
- University of Memphis
- University of Memphis – Admissions
- University of TN Health Science Center
- WHBQ-TV FOX 13
- Wright Medical
Updated List 7/10/19 2:30 pm
- Dress for Success Memphis
- Empire Beauty
- Tie & Scarf Bar
- Professional Headshots
- Memphis Public Libraries – JobLINC