Position/Title: General Assignment Morning News Reporter
Details: WATN-WLMT, the ABC/CW affiliate in Memphis, TN, is seeking a general assignment reporter for the morning shows. Candidate will front multiple live shots in the 5AM, 6AM, 7AM, and 11AM newscasts each weekday.
Details: WATN/WLMT, the ABC/CW affiliate in Memphis, Tennessee is seeking a Studio Camera Operator/Video Editor. Duties will include operating studio camera in a high-pressure live news environment and be able to work under the directions of the Director to compose and frame shots, applying the technical aspects of light, lenses and camera settings to achieve the effects sought.
· Must be flexible with respect to scheduling and willing to work extended hours, varying shifts (including nights, weekends and holidays, sometimes on short notice) and report to work in emergencies depending upon news coverage when required
· Must be 18 years or older
· Must be willing to work in Memphis, TN
· Candidate must successfully complete pre-employment drug screen and MVR check
· Must be able to lift 50 lbs and climb a ladder
· Must have unrestricted work authorization in the United States
Current employees and contingent workers click here to apply and search by the Job Posting Title.
Identifies and develops new business opportunities; keeps and grows existing client relationships; offers solutions that help clients achieve their business goals; closes business; meets set sales target.
• Identifies and solicits new business; builds and maintains a full pipeline of sales prospects.
• Services and grows relationships in existing base of clients.
• Identifies client/agency needs and develops persuasive proposals to meet needs and opportunities.
• Delivers effective sales presentations.
• Steers clients based on market, platform and station information.
• Maintains client communication and ensures client satisfaction.
• Monitors competition to continually find new account leads.
• Negotiates rates based on iHeartMedia’s budgets.
• Works collaboratively with internal partners to drive revenue.
• Ensures prompt payments.
• Follows all station procedures for preparing orders, resolving billing issues, submitting regular reports regarding sales, pipeline lists, forecasts and competitive analysis.
• Creates effective marketing campaigns in cooperation with iHeartMedia resources.
• Generates revenue and meets/exceeds established sales targets.
• Candidate must drive their own vehicle with a valid driver’s license and state-mandated auto insurance
• Proficient in Microsoft Office suite and social networking platforms
• Adept at prospecting and using effective consultative selling principles and practices
• Strong client service relationship-building skills
• Ability to plan and organize, set priorities and multi task in a fast-paced environment
• Negotiation and closing proficiency
• Persuasive communication skills: verbal, written and presentation
WATN-WLMT, the ABC/CW affiliate in Memphis, TN, is seeking a seasoned journalist and news leader for our evening digital content producer/assignment editor position.
Candidate must be a strong writer with a great sense of urgency. Must be adept at juggling multiple tasks and communicating changes to the newsroom.
Digital duties are the main focus of this position. Chief responsibilities include proofreading and posting reporters’ scripts and video to the news department’s website, as well as writing original, digital-only content. Candidate also responsible for maintaining station’s social media accounts, and sending timely, well-written push alerts.
Assignment editor duties include monitoring and dispatching crews to breaking and developing stories. Candidate will be required to develop and maintain strong news source contacts.
College degree required. Must have a minimum five years’ experience in a television newsroom. Current or former reporters and producers are encouraged to apply.
News/Content Specialist ID 2018-9519 # of Openings 1 Department News/Content Employment Status Regular Part-Time Work Days varies Work Hours varies Job Overview WMC Action News 5 in Memphis, TN seeks a part-time News Content Specialist to join our team.
Operate all studio equipment which include studio camera, cg, audio, graphic art and prompter
Operate studio cameras for live and non-live news and talk show programs
Operate audio board for live on location news and non-news programs
Edit video materials using Edius non-linear editing system
Operate AutoScript teleprompter system
Operate Chyron LEX system as well as build graphics using Photoshop for daily newscast use
Contribute to news content team writing for broadcast and digital as well as assisting on assignment desk
Be ready and available whenever breaking news or severe and/or disruptive weather events may occur
Maintain professional appearance of studio/sets. Assist the directors as needed
Able to interact professionally and effectively with all internal WMC employees and external organizations
Strong technical skills with knowledge of computer applications
Must be flexible with respect to scheduling and willing to work extended hours, varying shifts (including nights, weekends and holidays, sometimes on short notice) and report to work in emergencies depending upon news coverage when required
Must be 18 years or older
Must be willing to work in Memphis, TN
Candidate must successfully complete pre-employment drug screen and MVR check
Must be able to lift 50 lbs and climb a ladder
Must have unrestricted work authorization in the United States
Desired Characteristics/Desired Qualifications
Previous experience working with Edius, Adobe Premiere or other similar non-linear editing systems preferred
Familiarity with ENPS, BitCentral Products and ENPS desirable
Experience with Adobe Photoshop a plus
Associates or BA/BS degree in Telecommunications or work towards related degree preferred
Positive attitude, strong work ethic, high degree of integrity and professionalism
Up-to-date on, and interested in, current news events
Comfortable with emerging technology
Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills
Ability to work well and communicate effectively with others
Ability to perform under pressure in breaking news and deadline driven situations
Ability to perform accurately with strict deadlines while under pressure and with minimal supervision
Ability to think quickly, and keep pace with fast moving environment
Excellent troubleshooting and problem resolution skills
Ability to work in fast-paced, team-oriented environment and manage multiple tasks simultaneously
Ability to interact with all levels of station and corporate management.
Qualified applicants apply online (Raycom Media Careers) and attach resume. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
2Unique Community Salvation Foundation provides social enriching unique educational opportunities to participants through career skills development, organizational leadership, and entrepreneurship to enhance professional development for youth and young adults by connecting people, purpose and programs.
2Unique CSF has grown to serve the local community in multiple capacities with varying programs geared for community and youth enrichment.