JOB TITLE: ELECTRICAL & INSTRUMENTATION TECHNICIAN
Georgia-Pacific is seeking an Electrical & Instrumentation Technician to join our team in Memphis, TN. The E&I Technician is a member of a team that supports the operation and maintenance of Electrical, Instrumentation, PLC and DCS equipment. The Electrical & Instrumentation position starts out at $30.40ph. Georgia Pacific offers a generous benefits package including medical/dental/vision insurance with FSA or HSA, short-term disability, 401k with employer match, paid time off, paid continuing education, education reimbursement opportunities and no travel required.
This position is a key resource to ensuring manufacturing operations run reliably and qualitatively. This position requires a Shelby County Tennessee Journeyman Electrical License or the ability to attain a license within 6 months of employment. The E&I Technician is expected to use the knowledge of the National Electric Code and NFPA70E to ensure that all electrical work is conducted safely and meets NEC and Shelby County, TN Electric Code requirements.
E&I Technicians work as a team under the direct supervision of the E&I Department’s Planner and Scheduler. An E&I Technician’s schedule contains both straight dayshift Monday thru Friday and rotating shift schedules. An E&I Technician also carries ownership responsibilities for the health of equipment in prescribed process areas and is expected to be an owner/resident expert in prescribed E&I technologies. At the top of an E&I Technician’s responsibilities lies the overarching responsibility of every GP Employee which is to be a Safety Leader.
All applicants must apply online at kochind.com/careers. Position ID: 062191
A Day In The Life Typically Includes:
· Troubleshooting, repairing, replacing and installing DCS, PLC and HMI components, motors, A/C and D/C VFD’s, electrical circuits and MCC starters
· Repairing, replacing, and installing conduit, wiring and electrical equipment
· Troubleshooting, calibrating, replacing and installing instrumentation components
· Troubleshooting, calibrating, replacing, rebuilding, and installing control valves
· Replacing, adjusting, maintaining, and repairing electrical distribution center breakers
· Operating HV switchesContinue reading