Category Archives: Engineering
Attached is the current open positions at our property. apply online using this link http://schultehotels.com/shg_aboutus_careers.php .
JOB TITLE: ELECTRICAL & INSTRUMENTATION TECHNICIAN
Georgia-Pacific is seeking an Electrical & Instrumentation Technician to join our team in Memphis, TN. The E&I Technician is a member of a team that supports the operation and maintenance of Electrical, Instrumentation, PLC and DCS equipment. The Electrical & Instrumentation position starts out at $30.40ph. Georgia Pacific offers a generous benefits package including medical/dental/vision insurance with FSA or HSA, short-term disability, 401k with employer match, paid time off, paid continuing education, education reimbursement opportunities and no travel required.
This position is a key resource to ensuring manufacturing operations run reliably and qualitatively. This position requires a Shelby County Tennessee Journeyman Electrical License or the ability to attain a license within 6 months of employment. The E&I Technician is expected to use the knowledge of the National Electric Code and NFPA70E to ensure that all electrical work is conducted safely and meets NEC and Shelby County, TN Electric Code requirements.
E&I Technicians work as a team under the direct supervision of the E&I Department’s Planner and Scheduler. An E&I Technician’s schedule contains both straight dayshift Monday thru Friday and rotating shift schedules. An E&I Technician also carries ownership responsibilities for the health of equipment in prescribed process areas and is expected to be an owner/resident expert in prescribed E&I technologies. At the top of an E&I Technician’s responsibilities lies the overarching responsibility of every GP Employee which is to be a Safety Leader.
All applicants must apply online at kochind.com/careers. Position ID: 062191
A Day In The Life Typically Includes:
· Troubleshooting, repairing, replacing and installing DCS, PLC and HMI components, motors, A/C and D/C VFD’s, electrical circuits and MCC starters
· Repairing, replacing, and installing conduit, wiring and electrical equipment
· Troubleshooting, calibrating, replacing and installing instrumentation components
· Troubleshooting, calibrating, replacing, rebuilding, and installing control valves
· Replacing, adjusting, maintaining, and repairing electrical distribution center breakers
· Operating HV switchesContinue reading
MLGW positions available: Vehicle Body Repairer, Training Development Specialist 3, ACCOUNTANT 2, (2)COMPUTER SOFTWARE SPECIALIST 3.
US Army Corps of Engineers, Memphis District : Apply USAJOBS -https://www.usajobs.gov/ Welders and Engineers in the Memphis area
Welders: Job order # 785746
Is assigned to the Metal Working Shop to perform a full range of
welding. Works on equipment as represented by dredges, towboats, barges, tractors,
draglines, derrick boats, buoys, cranes, etc. Works alone or with a group depending on the
assignment. Uses prints, sketches and work orders as required.
1. Performs welder duties using electric, acetylene and/or inert gas shielded welding processes.
Work involves planning, laying out work, positioning and clamping work, preheating
metal, and maintaining temperature to prevent distortion. Uses templates, jigs,
blueprints and other guides to repair, modify or fabricate metal items for all types of
equipment, including repair or light or intricately made mechanical parts, which must fit in
assemblies where close tolerances are required.50%
2. Makes a wide range of welds from simple to precision welding utilizing the shielded
metal arc welding (SMAW) and flux core arc welding (FCAW) processes; determining
disassemble or repair necessary and materials to be used. Works with light, heavy gauge
and hardened metals, welding all the various types of weld able items assigned, using flat,
vertical, horizontal, and overhead positions. Work processes include pre-heating, brazing,
bead welding, tack welding, flame cutting, pressure welding, and heat treating; selection
of type of rod and size of tip to accomplish weld, determining heat necessary, setting up
and adjusting equipment, maintaining proper speed, flame, motion, tip angle and position
to preclude desired results. 50%
Performs other duties as assigned.
Quality Control Manager
LEHMAN-ROBERTS COMPANY – A PROUD TRADITION SINCE 1939
Our history goes back to 1939 when W. E. Lehman and George B. Roberts bought the Mississippi and Memphis operations of Carey-Reed Company, a company started by Mr. Roberts’ brother in law in 1907. The new Lehman-Roberts Company located their first asphalt plant and office on Front Street in downtown Memphis. The headquarters were moved to the current address at 1111 Wilson in 1943. In 1971, the company became affiliated with Memphis Stone and Gravel Company through common ownership.
Still a family owned business, Patrick Nelson leads as President in our dedication to the manufacturing of quality hot mix asphalt and the superior placement of that pavement. Anchoring our company’s efforts are the core values of stewardship, continuous improvement, humility and relationships. With manufacturing facilities throughout West Tennessee and North Mississippi, Lehman-Roberts Company specializes in construction projects ranging from commercial parking lots to miles of interstate highway paving throughout the Mid-South.
CURRENT OPPORTUNITY: QUALITY CONTROL MANAGER
Duties will include QC testing, research, plant production guidance and assistance in development of all products. The ideal candidate will be organized, goal orientated, self-directed, with the ability to handle the supervision of several technicians and research projects with minimal supervision or supplied information.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, operations management or related field
- 5+ years of experience in quality control, mix design, and testing of aggregates and asphalt hot mix production
Certificates, Licenses & Registrations:
- Valid driver’s license with a satisfactory driving record
- ASTM/AASHTO testing procedures
- Maintenance and/or gaining of TN, MS, and AR DOT QC & Mix Design Certifications
- BS in Engineering with Professional Engineering Licensure is strongly preferred
- Portland Cement Concrete testing and design experience is a plus but not necessary
Similar industry chemist or lab managers may be considered. Competitive salary and excellent benefit package including health insurance, dental, vision, life, long term disability, 401k, and profit sharing.
- Supervision of QC technician’s schedules and responsibilities
- Management of proper equipment/facility maintenance, certifications, calibrations, and safety within multiple QC laboratories
- Oversight of raw material and finished product testing in accordance with specified DOT, AASHTO, and ASTM standards
- Coordination between our QC Department and our Construction and Customer Sales Departments
- Management of thorough and documented communications between our company and our customer’s quality assurance representatives
- Participation and leadership within our companies’ Continuous Improvement and Safety Initiative Programs
Supervise and work in the lab prepping and performing tests on cylinders, cores, and raw materials to meet specified requirements.
All other duties may be assigned.
Machinist (CNC/Mill and Lathe)
Pay rate will be based on experience and negotiated with the company. Ranges are below:
Machinist I- $19.50-$25.52
Sr. Machinist – $25.00- $32.00
Relocation package is offered based on miles traveled.
Over 500 miles- $5,000
Under 500 miles- $3,000
Diversified advanced medical technology business that supports healthcare professionals in more than 100 countries to improve the quality of life for their patients. We have leadership positions in Orthopedic Reconstruction, Advanced Wound Management, Sports Medicine and Trauma:
|Job Title & Description||A technician at Meineke should have experience in diagnosing repair work needed and repairing brakes, exhaust, tire installation, and oil changing. We specialize in exhaustive car repair but those are the most frequently requested.
We are looking for dependable, skillful, reliable technicians that are ready to work!
Bring your skills and let’s talk!
|Contact Procedures (How the applicant should apply for the position.)||Applicants may call the store at 901-744-3800 or dial 901-674-3800 to speak with or leave messages for the owner. Applicants may also email the owner at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.|